Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Blinda
Contributor

Seeking carer help for sister

Hi All, I'm hoping someone can shed some light on who I can contact for inhome carer assistance for my sister living with schizophrenia in Sydney's eastern suburbs. She currently flat shares with a good friend who has taken on the role of carer - cooking, cleaning, shopping and transport. However, he is unable to continue this role so I'm trying to find a service that provides this type of support 2-3 times a week.

I've lost track of all the agencies of called and all I get is the phone number for another agency. I've come across the PHaMs program numerous times but this program doesn't offer enough support for her situation as she is not in recovery and is not interested in goal setting etc.

I hope somebody can give me a definitive answer as to who I can contact. Thanks for any advice.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Seeking carer help for sister

Hi Blinda,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for your post. Just Better Care Ph: 9669 1965, deliver services in the Eastern Suburbs. I am sure some of our other forum users will be able to provide further recommendations. 

All the best,

Durango.

Moved:

This comment has been moved by a moderator to another part of the forum where it might be more easily found by the community.

Hi @Blinda

I'm not sure if I can give you a definitive answer but I can offer another suggestion. Sorry if it seems like you're still getting pushed around from agency to agency.

My suggestion is Partners In Recovery in Eastern Sydney - http://espir.com.au/ have you been passed on to them before?

I have moved this discussion to 'Our Stories' so more people see it. I hope you don't mind.

Take care,

Nik

Hi Nik, yes I did get referred to PIR thanks and phoned the other day. Even though we are on a waiting list they have still been very helpful and supportive. It has really taken a load off getting in contact with them Smiley Very Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance