Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life After Bushfires

Fizz
Bushfire Community Ambassador

Off-grid dream becomes reality as bushfire threat creates new era for power networks

Energy companies are increasingly looking to replace power lines with standalone solar systems.
Read article here:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-15/stand-alone-solar-systems-replacing-powerlines-after-bushfire...

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Off-grid dream becomes reality as bushfire threat creates new era for power networks

Wow! Our house was off grid- wouldn’t even notice being on 24/7 solar. Was like living in town. 

I miss it so much. We are going back off grid again and living on some land we have purchased. this time with only enough power to keep a fridge going and charge phones. 

I like the idea of brining solar into the mainstream with large off grid community 

Re: Off-grid dream becomes reality as bushfire threat creates new era for power networks

It sounds like going off-grid is quite an appealing prospect for you @Burnt. Is there any particular reason for that?

@Fizz nice! I'm all for environmentally friendly and more sustainable options.

New to the

Life After Bushfires Forum?

Chat to people

who have been through it

Register To Connect

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Life After Bushfire Resources: