Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily goals, motivation and check in

Thanks for your encouragement, @frog ! Am about to switch off the old computer for the last time. I feel like I'm losing an old friend - ridiculous, but true. Very stressful. 

Definitely, still moving counts! Good luck with your smaller tasks today... 

Well, I managed to set up the new computer today, after years of putting it off. Feels a bit freaky, but it all works. Yay! 🙂

@Maggie  @Faith-and-Hope 

@frog , how did you get on today?

This one's a Classic (I love it) - More an explanation of Failing in Goals/ Motivation (or Lack of)....

@NatureLover  Well done you. I have no idea about windows 10, or what my laptop runs on. I tried logging on, then received an urgent email on my iPad saying someone was trying to access my account. 😂😂😂 it was me.😂😂🦕🦕🦕 I have help arriving on Friday. 👍👍👍

Hi @frog @Adge @Teej @Faith-and-Hope . 

@Maggie wrote:

I tried logging on, then received an urgent email on my iPad saying someone was trying to access my account. 😂😂😂 it was me.😂😂🦕🦕🦕 

You gave me a giggle, @Maggie  😄 That's the sort of thing that I do 😄

Good luck with your computer help on Friday! And thanks for your encouragement 💜

Well done on the IT front @NatureLover !

I feel like I'm in slo-mo the last 2 days. Hopefully a big sleep tonight and more energy tomorrow.

So my goals for the rest of the day are very modest: a few stretches, 2 mins of square breathing, prepare a decent dinner and early to bed. If I can I'd like to come up with a couple of quick and healthy meals for my grocery shopping list, but that would be a bonus.

Hi @Adge @Teej @Faith-and-Hope @Maggie 

Thank you, @frog !

@frog wrote:

So my goals for the rest of the day are very modest: a few stretches, 2 mins of square breathing, prepare a decent dinner and early to bed. If I can I'd like to come up with a couple of quick and healthy meals for my grocery shopping list, but that would be a bonus.

I like your modest goals. All self care type goals 🙂

@Faith-and-Hope 

@Angela7 

Hi there, 

I stumbled across this post this afternoon, and can totally relate to feeling so overwhelmed each day at the moment, that it feels impossible to even move, let alone get up and doing something with the day.  Having a shower is difficult to achieve some days. I manage to have a coffee, but then come to a grounding halt.  

Your words of encouragement help me feel

that I may get out of this hell of existence and potentially live a life again - even if it begins with making the bed each day and finding someone on this forum to have a quick chat with. I have no support system and are completely isolated and lonely. The only ppl I interact with are my medical team every 3 weeks and the person who rings up my groceries at the store.  I feel my brain is turning to mush, as I'm not challenging it in anyway. On one hand, I want to be active and do things, on the other, my depression prevents me from getting out of bed.

Hi @WIP , I can so relate to what you wrote - not at the moment, but in the past. Please be encouraged that you can come out of the severe depression and find a way to be content again. I had to reinvent myself and find new friends, but now things are better. 

@WIP wrote:

I manage to have a coffee, but then come to a grounding halt.  

On one hand, I want to be active and do things, on the other, my depression prevents me from getting out of bed.

I think that even if you just do one thing per day - e.g. feed yourself - that's good, that's surviving, that's getting one day closer to recovery. 

Sending you heaps of best wishes, @WIP  🙂

@NatureLover thanks for your kind words and well wishes.

i can't see how I'll come out of this depression - this episode has been going on for over 18 months almost 2 years. There's been hospitalisation. rTMS treatment, ECT treatment, change of medication and nothing has helped.  With this covid lockdown, I feel even more hopeless. I don't know how at my age, I can reinvent myself or make new friends.  I keep hearing my psychologists snide remark - no one wants to be around a depressed person!!! And, that is just who/what I am - a terribly depressed & anxious person who at the moment, can't even get

out of bed. It's been a week and a half on new medication & I feel worse, more alone and suicidal than ever before.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance