Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Bills
Casual Contributor

Help me !!

My daughter was diagnosed with depression about 5 years ago and since then have been on and off Anti depressants . He changed medication about three months ago as she said that it wasn’t helping her at all. On new medication through psychiatrist and he has given her medication for bipolar .. still no improvement in fact it’s worse and she is had a big burst last night that she can’t cope with life and have been drinking alcohol excessively . How do I help her as she says she don’t want to live anymore 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Help me !!

Thanks ...

hi @Bills
it sounds really tough for you and your daughter atm. if she is suicidal and your concerned for her safety please take her to the emergency department or call an ambulance. they can help her in hospital including with her medications.

i would also suggest she get back to her psychiatrist asap she can let them know whats going on and that the medications are making her worse rather then better.
Ali11
Community Builder

Hi @Bills, we hope you were able to get the help you needed for your daughter. How is everything going now? 

Sorry to respond so late.. she is a little better after going to her GP and is going to wean off her anti depressants .. will see if she can take some herbal stuff instead as she thinks the anti depressants are making her go weird and too much anxiety . 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance