Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Partners who chose to stay for the long haul

Hi @Shaz51 

How are things in the Shazzle Dazzle household today?

Thinking of you @Former-Member whilst you are visiting family.

OK here @Former-Member 

Mr shaz had a afternoon sleep

Had morning tea with mum and aunty after going to church 

Mum had a much needed talk after my aunty left 

How are you going xx

We were out this morning and for lunch @Shaz51 .  Short walk with dog when we got home and now Mr Darcy is looking up Melbourne Cup history on the internet this afternoon. 

Mr shaz is going to do a time lapse with his camera with the sun setting @Former-Member 

Would love to see the results of that @Shaz51 😁

@kayjee  @WayneOZ 

This is a discussion thread where we try and encourage each other as those who have chosen to stay with our partners. Often other forum members pop by when the going gets a bit tough or they have a specific concern. Please feel free to join in if you wish to.  

@Gusday 

My friend you are very important to us 

So if you like to copy your message over here 

@Former-Member , @Determined @Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member 

Really haven’t been great. A few health concerns for me and hubby was sort of leveling out but this week has been really flat again. The way he speaks to me or doesn’t speak at all especially when I’m needing a little support is quite frankly shit. No affection at all I always have to ask if it’s ok to speak to him or if I can quickly hug him as if I don’t then I’m liable to get rejected and feeling as fragile as I do at present it really puts me in a bad place. I would say that I’m basically depressed also most of the time. No energy at all and would really just like to crawl into a hole and never come out. All this when I my eldest daughter and her hubby are expecting their first child, and a first grandchild/grandson for me. I should be so happy and he just strips all the joy out of me. It’s almost been a year of no intimacy or affection or proper conversation although conversation has always been about whatever he’s interested in through our whole marriage as if it were about my interests I’d always have to be careful not to make it too long as that’s what he’d say my friends are for. I tried to bring up the way he’s talking to me and treating me and that does he think it’s time to change medication or go back to the psychologist as he hasn’t been for 6 months and I get you don’t know anything about depression and you are a horrible person and so I start to cry and he tells me to turn off the fake tears. FFS. Sorry for the rant but perhaps it’s time to start thinking of moving on which financially is going to ruin me as I’m going to lose out big time as most of the time I’ve earned more than him and I virtually owned my house when I met him. I’m just don’t know what to do. Am I wasting my time waiting for someone that may never recover and is not working on recovering and passing up my chance to live a happy life where I don’t feel bad about being happy for little things. 

Really haven’t been great. A few health concerns for me and hubby was sort of leveling out but this week has been really flat again. The way he speaks to me or doesn’t speak at all especially when I’m needing a little support is quite frankly shit. No affection at all since december last year and I always have to ask if it’s ok to speak to him or if I can quickly hug him as if I don’t then I’m liable to get rejected and feeling as fragile as I do at present it really puts me in a bad place. I would say that I’m basically depressed also most of the time. No energy at all and would really just like to crawl into a hole and never come out. All this when I my eldest daughter and her hubby are expecting their first child, and a first grandchild/grandson for me. I should be so happy and he just strips all the joy out of me. It’s almost been a year of no intimacy or affection or proper conversation although conversation has always been about whatever he’s interested in through our whole marriage as if it were about my interests I’d always have to be careful not to make it too long as that’s what he’d say my friends are for. I tried to bring up the way he’s talking to me and treating me and that does he think it’s time to change medication or go back to the psychologist as he hasn’t been for 6 months and I get you don’t know anything about depression and you are a horrible person and so I start to cry and he tells me to turn off the fake tears. FFS. Sorry for the rant but perhaps it’s time to start thinking of moving on which financially is going to ruin me as I’m going to lose out big time as most of the time I’ve earned more than him and I virtually owned my house when I met him. I just don’t know what to do. Am I wasting my time waiting for someone that may never recover and is not working on recovering and passing up my chance to live a happy life where I don’t feel bad about being happy for little things?

hello @Gusday Heart

@Former-Member, @Determined , @Faith-and-Hope , @Former-Member , @octavia , @Appleblossom , @Adge , @Smc xxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance