Forums Home

Lived Experience Forum

Acceptance, connection, support. Share the journey.

Safe, anonymous discussion for people living with mental illness, moderated 24/7 by mental health professionals.

Read the community guidelines
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

TPD

Hello everyone,

‘just heard that my claim is progressing in a positive way. The Chief medical officer has recommended the claim be approved. Have to wait another 20 days to find out if will be fully approved. Here’s hoping

8 REPLIES 8
Community Manager

Re: TPD

Glad to hear about the positive vibes on the claim front Smiley Happy @Ma60 Sending luck

TAB
Senior Contributor

That’s a lovely profile pic @Ma60 yes here’s hoping .. ok .. seriously.. I forgot have like 10 scratchies in my pocket @greenpea ok did wonder why that 20c piece was on the table..

@TAB get those scratchies TABs Smiley Happy. I really do wish you luck 

Senior Contributor

UPDATE

Just heard my claim has been approved. It has been a long journey but I now feel as though someone has listened and understood what happened at my previous workplace.🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

Senior Contributor

Yes it is a picture of my little cat. A great companion

Senior Contributor

@Ma60. Such wonderful news.  Definitely worth celebrating.  Yay!! 🎉🎉🎈🎈. 

Must be a huge relief for you. 

So good to hear great news like this. 

Can I ask,  as you mentioned your workplace.  Did your mental illness arrive due to the workplace,  or was it a physical illness .

Senior Contributor

My workplace was aware of my mental health (depression and anxiety). Things turned pear shape after I made a Work Cover claim for a week of work due to an incident where I was assaulted by a client. I was informed by employer things would only get worse for me if I continued with the claim. The report they sent to Work.Cover devasted me - ended up in hospital for more than a month and three months off work. Returned to work lasted a year hoping beyond hope that things would improve. Micro managed constantly. I became so hyper vigilante it ended up breaking me, back to hospital. I have never felt so isolated in a workplace. Supervisor would boast about that they could say and write anything about staff without repercussions. Their word was final. I couldn’t take it anymore., it got to the stage where the bullying was causing me to think about suicide on a daily basis.

The saddest part was I loved my work.

Such wonderful news. @Ma60 Heart

how are you going

For urgent assistance, call: