Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

Aww lil Sis @outlander 💜 💜 💜 thanks for the vote of confidence.

🏅🥇🌟🌟 @Sans911

💐👍💕 @Sans911  .....

Great job today @Sans911 Really proud of you Hon Heart I think you did the right thing disclosing your depression and not expanding to BPD - there is certainly more tolerance/acceptance for depression in society but BPD unfortunately is not in that category yet ...lack of knowledge and understanding two major drawbacks to that being the case.

Yes you are right - I am going to say what you thought I would be thinking - what happened those years ago was not You - you were unwell. I hear you about the shame and trauma and understand your reservations in stepping back into that environment ...but I also know how very far you have come - you may not always see it but we here do ...you are a different person than the one that first joined here and not only have you jumped over massive hurdles but on the whole you have done that all on your own - you have so much strength within you Hon and this process of getting back into work is testament to that. Of course there are going to be triggers and difficulties along the way - that is only natural after so much time off as well as entering the same environment again - but you also have support around you and starting small and building up from there will undoubtedly also build up your tolerance and resistance to those triggers - no doubt whatsoever in my mind you can not only do this but are made for the role. That is also the case with the support worker role you have an interview for on Friday - that is absolutely wonderful. I believe if you present the You who we see here then you are a shoe in for the position. You have a remarkable way of empathising with people but also being honest and straight down the line - I do admire that of you. You should go into this interview with confidence in yourself because You are enough - and if you present there on Friday how you communicate here with us - just being yourself - then that is all you can ask. I wish you so much luck come Friday but also suspect you will not need it Sans because You are enough Heart

Thanks so much @Zoe7. Small tears here because of such a kind, beautiful butterfly. I don't have any words, just a warm fuzzy feeling. 💖💖

A warm fuzzy feeling is so much better than words @Sans911 Smiley Very HappyHeart

Hugs @Sans911 Heart

And will be thinking of you on Friday

Evening sweet @Snowie 💕💕 How are you today (if you want to say).

@outlander 💜 💜

Evening @Sans911 

mmm, I'll pass

How has your day been?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance