Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Whiteknight
Senior Contributor

The value of of priceless things

They say "the best things in life are free". I've mentioned many on this forum like a sunset which actually takes 2 hours from start to finish...is free. Have you ever seen a sunset? for two hours straight? If not then you've never seen a sun-set!.

And it surprises me how many humans now are either living in the city or large country towns and are detached from reality into a world of concrete and only humans and all the mirages we see that we think is life.

On the odd occasions it comes home to me the clear reality of what life is really all about. It could be the birth of a child into our family, my attendance to a sibling in a bipolar crisis or what happened to me just the other day....

We often, actually every day, have wild ducks in our country property. They feel safe as our little fox terrier keeps foxes away. A few days ago I had gastro, not well at all and lt our dog out for a few minutes in the middle of the night when I noticed one of the ducks was motionless. I checked and I thought it had passed away but it was still alive with no sign of any injury. We did the usual, place her in a box with blanket and nursed her. Within 12 hours she was right to go again and tears rolled down our faces as the other ducks watched us release her to them. They all quacked like mothers around a newborn. Later, on Facebook I saw a whale that allowed divers to cut life threatening rope from its body. Then it gave the divers a 30 minute show of splashing and expressing thankyou.

Lets not forget what life is all about. Lets use mans technology and advancement for our purpose but detach ourselves once in a while to keep ourselves grounded to what life really means. That means loving each other and that includes animals.

WK

4 REPLIES 4

Re: The value of of priceless things

Amen  @Whiteknight

@NatalieS@Whiteknight beautifully said 🙂

Lovely post @Whiteknight 😸

I tend to agree with what you have written, but you are much better at writing than I, I love finding the beauty and peace in natural things that are for free.

How have you been going lately @Whiteknight?

Lunar

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance