Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Morning @eth @Mazarita @Former-Member @outlander @Shaz51 @MDT and all

Actually managed about 5 hours sleep last night, and in one stretch! Unusual for me. Probably due to the exhaustion from yesterday.  Had a couple bad hours last night

Sorry to hear that @outlander , very xx

Sounds like the right move then @Former-Member .  I've not driven anywhere as busy as it is here in about 20 years!  Was in smaller places for 18 years before I came here.  This is a major city by comparison and we live on a very busy road where it's often blind getting out of our driveway. 

@cutiepiekitty   it's ages since I had more than 3 hours in one block of sleep so I can imagine how it feels to get a 5 hour block.  Sounds like you're having a rough time in other ways.  Hope today is a better one for you.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@cutiepiekitty 

great to hear sleep is soooooo important with a MI.  I think it''s the key.  I deteriorate straight away unless I have a full sleep .  it's the reason why I'm on a med to make me sleep otherwise I just don't

My recent discovery of using the mirena to stop hot flushes has been amazing.  I sleep the entire night now,  

Thanks @eth  Just doing whatever I can to get through.

@cutiepiekitty 

Glad you got some sleep. It makes a huge difference.

Smiley Happy

@outlander 

Gentleigh Bentleigh. Bella.

The body takes its own good time to heal.  Usually longer than we realise. Sorry you have so much to deal with,  More Hugs.

Smiley Happy

@Former-Member 

Best to figure out your best entitlement from the different systems.  A little security goes a long way.

Smiley Happy

@eth 

Driving, when you have been off the road for a while is tricky. I avoided a blind corner like that once, by parking a long way from the house.  It was with my first car and I was a beginner and I had a bub in the car.  It was worth the walk just to be careful.

Smiley Happy

Have a good Day ALL

Smiley Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Appleblossom 

@cutiepiekitty 

@eth 

@

Its complicated the dva system & really will depend on outcome of claims.

I do know i can only cope with a little work tho. Its the triggers & little stuff that stress me out.

Ive been getting worked up over it today cause i cant find out much about it.

Golly just trying to submit this ed supplement form with Centrelink has stressed me out.

Think when uv lived a traumatic life u just stress out so quickly & easily. 

Even on meds. I have to manually focus & tell myself i just have 2 classes & a bit of shopping thats all to get thru.

I keep watching the time cause im stressed. 

I sent the ed supplement in but they want it all online now. So i do it & then it freezes at point u have to upload a doc then it tells u to do it via app & it freezes. No wonder i get stressed. If things arent smooth i just panic & struggle. I guess thats cause of surviving so much turmoil.

The dva system will b the most secure route but only once the claims r approved. Im not risking having to reapply to dsp again.

Im still waiting for a regular psychiatrist here. Only got the skype one.

Ive done all i can today. Ill have to rest up & focus before this class or ill stress them out.

The ones in the hall r hard. Clients in gym r easier

@Former-Member know exactly what you mean about getting stressed trying to do things. They do not understand that for those that do not have our probs things that should be easy are made so much harder

I agree with you @cutiepiekitty and @cutiepiekitty I get stressed most of the time as well Which .turns into panic attacks and anxiety if I don't take my med for it.

I'm also filling out some forms for centrelink as well and stress goes way high, I hate filling in forms or talking on the phone as when the calls ended I cannot remember what was said.

@saturnzoon I have that problem with phone calls at times too. If someone says something or uses a tone that sends panic up you cannot take things in. And I prefer things in writing because then neither side can say that something was said or agreed to when it was not. Have that happen with places before so I always ask for everything in writing

Former-Member
Not applicable

@cutiepiekitty 

Yes i hate it myself cause i can b fine one min & then so stressed a bit later when im trying to sort something out.

Well so far my class is a disaster at the hall. One person is turning up which only pays for the hall.

& i actually had to say no to a lollipop job so i lost financially.

Dva dont want me working. I just dont get my life. Ive spent 8yrs fixing my physical body & almost all my adult life recovering from traumas & now what am i supposed to do.

I cant see a future. Im trying so hard to rebuild my life but nothing goes my way.

Now ive just paid another $500 for another course thats going to end in no work.

Just seems to b im not destined to work or have a relationship ever.

I teach 2 classes at a gym a gym for $40. Thats nothing for the amt of $ i put into doing the courses & fixing my own body

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance