Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

CryBaby1
New Contributor

Feeling disconnected and struggling to get

Hey world,

I'm new to SANE forums and I discovered the link attached to a Borderline Personality Disorder information page. I haven't officially been diagnosed but I saw a psychiatrist and he said I might have it (just didn't feel comfortable diagnosing after only one consultation).

I want to talk about feelings of isolation. I have had many short-lived, shallow relationships (friendships included). Recently, I have felt abandoned by my friendship group that I had at a youth group (through rover scouts). The moment I started to struggle with my thoughts and insecurities, they stopped including me as much and disregarded my feelings. Some male individuals even took advantage of my need for deeper connection only to drop me later on. So, at this point, I have currently no friends and therefore no one to rely on. I can open up to my brother, but I whenever I try to open up to friends, they show no willingness to support even though all I want is a hug.

I also struggle to get to sleep. Almost every night I cry and grab at the mattress to try and relieve stress in my fit of distress. Does anyone else suffer from not being able to relax before bed? I am looking for support and advice not only on how to sleep, but also how people cope with BPD.

I feel broken inside and like nobody understands what I'm going through.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Feeling disconnected and struggling to get

@CryBaby1 

A very warm welcome to the SANE forums.  It is great that you have had the courage to reach out here for support and tell your story.  I am the moderator this evening and am confident that the forum members will offer you support, information and connection. I wish you all the best with your efforts to get the professional care you need.  if you have any queries about how to use the forum please ask the other forum members, the forum moderators or check the guidelines.  To tag a member or a moderator just put @ before our name.

Again welcome aboard,

Whitehawk

Re: Feeling disconnected and struggling to get

Hi @CryBaby1 

This is a peer support forum, but sometimes peers are going through their own stuff, so we all try and be patient. The world can be lonely and seem cruel. In my teens I never had the slightest sense of support or interest from my youth group and found my way into Primal Therapy in early twenties.  It encouraged crying, and I have certainly done plenty in my time.  Yet there is a balance.  It will be good to link into professional support too.

There are sometimes regular get togethers Thursday, Friday and Saturday and people often just join in one the "Good Morning" threads and "The Long Rave" or keep posting about on a thread they begin.

Go gently with you.

Apple

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance