Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My life partner has Bipolar ii

sounds like S2 had a good afternoon @Determined Heart

the lunch party was nice @Former-Member, I met more of mr shaz` relations , had chinese for lunch

there were only a few issues like Mr shaz family members sat together not interacting with others

my SIL had to keep bringing up that we went to the wrong chinese restruant and i had to text her

and mr shaz family were ready to leave after 2 hours , but it was nice and I met his cousins who I am friends with on FB

Sounds like my family @Shaz51 Smiley LOL

I call Mr D's family the outlaws @Shaz51

@Faith-and-Hope I will mention here a series of YouTube talks by a Dr Tim Jennings a Christian psychiatrist on  on "healing the mind".  I have listened to a few different talks he has given and they all meld in together in my mind as he often uses the same illustrations. The talks raise a few questions in my mind as he does differentiate between major diagnoses like bipolar and Sz than he does depression but I have not found any talks regarding those.

https://youtu.be/kI47SArpPnk

Thanks @Former-Member .... I will have to try watching this again later when I have more brain power ..... I dozed off trying to watch it (no disrespect intended) but the key principles I did pick up sound very similar to our church’s teaching on theosis ..... without going into discussion of the physical changes in the brain, it’s more a “do or don’t do” with an appreciation that we know God by the energies He “illuminates” us with, rather than His unknowable essence.  

The process of His illumination transforms our mind, healing it to its rightful state in the process, but it is a lifelong process of being engaged in the practices of our living faith, including worship, mindfulness, prayer, empathy, service to others, seeking integrity, etc. and intense struggles are considered opportunities to develop spiritual strengths and insights.

I hope that makes sense.

They are long talks @Faith-and-Hope and there are 6 in all.  Something you said made me think of them. 

Think Mr.F&H may have had an “existential awakening” moment the other night ..... I am holding my breath a bit to see what happens next.  He has gone back east, and I won’t see him again until the end of the month, but the kids will because we are interchanging across that time according to various commitments both here and there (sorry, I know it’s confusing).

Have been chatting on an Inherited Trauma thread just now.  

I am trying not to overthink it and just see what happens.  If it is what I think it is, we may have insight emerging.

@Former-Member

Keeping you and yours in prayers @Faith-and-Hope.

Have had a breakthrough with D3 also within the last couple of days.  She has been helping a friend with study notes and is not experiencing headaches after ten minutes, which was what deferred her own studies .... so this might see her able to resume next semester, right in time for her meeting about it on our return to the east.

@Former-Member

PTL ....

Am having plenty of opportunities to develop spiritual strengths and insights @Faith-and-Hope  

Me too @Former-Member .....

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance