Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My wife, my hero and Complex PTSD

Hi @Cracked73 

How are things?

@David16also has a wife with cPTSD and was hoping to get some tips.

@Cracked73 , I could have written this myself.  I also feel I am at the end of my rope and mental health.  I love my husband but feel his complex-PTSD consumes him and he has no empathy for anyone but himself. I have had conversations with him where I have told him that if he doesn't love me anymore to please admit it and we can figure out the best way forward for the kids. I feel like i am here as a mother and financial contributor and although he does kind and caring things here and there, the weight of his trauma turns him into someone I don't know most of the time. It is sad because I still love him but as the song says...sometimes love is not enough. He also makes compulsive expensive purchases. It is a common thing for people with complex-PTSD apparently.  I try to keep myself busy and like you, read books on the subject,  try to reson through trigger events, pray and hold my children tight. I, like you hope your wife and my husband see the light and come back to us one day. I don't know how much longer I can hold on and I do pray for a miracle. I miss him. He is not the man I married. I do wonder if the man I married is somewhere inside him. Wishing you strength and peace.

@Kerinoel Thank you for posting this. I know my husband doesn’t love himself so in a way I know he is not capable of loving me and it isn't my fault.  I think once he did but after the kids were born he changed.  I hope he continues his therapy, his healing and eventually learns to love himself and me ( the way I deserve to be loved). You are amazing 👏 and congratulations on all the hard work towards your healing. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance