Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

Thank you @Maggie ..... I am feeling so incredibly supported by so many people here, including as you have seen, some who have been walking closely with me for a year or more now,  I don't know what I would have done without this ongoing support.  It has helped make the difficult waiting for something to change bearable, and now that that change has arrived, supporting my courage to size up to it.

@Former-Member, yes, and that situation comes with its own stresses, but probably no more or no less than the overall situation anyway.  If anything, it probably helps to provide more distraction and defuse some of the tensions.  It will also enable us to spend time with all of our kids frequently, whereas a full relocation would be both unbearably stressful for me / us right now, it would also create a lot of distance in our relationships with our married kids.

💜

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Faith-and-Hope I am pleased it is giving you distraction and some reprieve my friend. I didn't realise you had married children - yes being close to them would be a nice place to rest. I hope to build this bond with my daughter once she moves too. The change will take time to adjust my friend but in time you will and enjoy the positives that will come with it. In the meantime we are here walking with you through this. 🤗❤️💜❤️💜🌹x

Thank you @Former-Member ..... 💕

Hi @Maggie .... 

How are you today ?

I wanted to ask you about this ..... Bubbles is struggling a lot, and what she is describing sounds plural to me, even though she is being treated with antipsychotics for it.  

I am reluctant to tag you into my reply posts to her without asking you how you feel about that.  I know you were trying to reach out to her last week .... 

@Faith-and-Hope I'm following along but scare of making the situation worse. I've thought mine were out to get me earlier on, but I had to work it out myself, plus she might be dealing with something else,,she talks of cluster can't remember the other part or it.

I understand @Maggie .... I figured you would be speaking up if you felt it would help,

And yeah, I get that there are some things that we sorta have to work out for ourselves in our own individual situations.

I guess from that last exchange that it is helpful to her to try something that substantially distracts her, so I will try to work from that, and hopefully others will join in.

Thanks

💜

Morning @Maggie 😊 I just noticed you're up early too. How are you this morning? I'm not sure if notifications are still not working but I'm hoping you see this anyway.

💛

@CheerBear I'm always prowling around at night. What I'd give to be able to sleep, just a few hours.,oh well, no light here, black as night outside. You will be getting LF up and about in a few hrs, I might join you with a coffee. My fur baby is sound asleep. Hope your day has some pleasant moments mixed in. 💛💛💛

I think lots of things would be made much easier with proper, solid sleep @Maggie, as I am sure you do too. I try really hard not to fight my sleep stuff because it doesn't make me sleep any better when I do. It's annoying though.

It's very dark here too, though it is clear and the moon is shining bright. 

Does your fur baby sleep with you? I made the mistake of stirring up Noodle cat when I made my coffee so he's running around talking loudly and thinking it is play time. Big will be up at 6:30 and the others at 7 so I have a little bit of very quiet time. I'm going to do some reading I think. 

I hope there's something that gives you a smile today too Maggie 🙂

@CheerBear Yes I must say I envy a good sleeper. No @CheerBear I sleep with her !!!!!! It's her bed which I'm allowed to share..I wouldn't have it any other way, she's my world.

Noodle cat sound lovely. They love a play in the mornings don't they. Sometimes when my baby wakes, she runs up and down the bed, then I get a complete face wash. So many mornings I only make it to the door because of her, then, another step, and another.

Busy time for you soon. Gentle hug.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance