Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

SimpleAsThis
Senior Contributor

A few activities that might settle your petals; calm your farm or stress a bit less :)

I do these in my journal if I need some grounding... I'll go first:

We all know "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change..." Etc.?
We'll it quite a handy pocket sized "reality check" if found kinda cool - anyone else appreciated it this way.....

(I'm not religious so I ask my subconscious for the characteristics :p)

- to grant me serenity to accept things I cannot change ~~ I will never be able to express my self so my mother will understand me unless she stops hiding from her own demons.. Well it's been 7 years and she doesn't have a clue who the hell I am, but she loves me even though I'm a stranger so I accept our relationship willingly.

-the courage to change the things I can ~~ I choose the glass that's half full please, easier said then done... And I'm sorry to hit you cliche style - but nothing happens overnight; Rome wasn't built in a day; the fabled turtle and hare race..... I accept I can change my thoughts of myself and what I think is right for me, positive polly vs negative nelly.

-the wisdom to know the difference ~~ make mistakes and go through the motions but always look for a lesson in everything and know everyone looks back on their young naive selves and thinks "wow didn't know shit" - you're only human 🙂

#2 coming soon
3 REPLIES 3

Re: A few activities that might settle your petals; calm your farm or stress a bit less :)

This is my favourite way to meditate and give your brain a break...

The Balancing Point.

Anyone know it? I went to NZ and my friends mum is a gorgeous little hippie - she challenged me at every river we crossed and I still dig it years later:

Once you've found a lovely but sufficiently rocky area, sit down without music or distractions.
It's a fact that every rock, any shape, texture, colour etc will always have a balancing point - not forgetting basic physics and think of jenga backwards and less 180 degree angles at your disposal....

Next thing I know it's been three hours and my head was filled with tranquil silence and I don't feel as close to losing my cool or freaking out.

Re: A few activities that might settle your petals; calm your farm or stress a bit less :)

I like reading this. Your picture...lips around green...is naturish too.....
Thank you

Because I promised 'A Few'.... Last but never least:

Blast OFFSPRING - "SMASH" & let it all out 😛
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance