Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Kylieo
New Contributor

Bipolar

I have suffered with bipolar for almost 20 years and almost no one knows. This week has been hard listening to other people's stories. Today I spent the afternoon at Melbourne zoo with my 19 year old daughter. What a balm for the soul. There is always a bigger picture. Hopefully there is always someone who gets you and knows how to bring you joy.. What a hard week with a beautiful finish. I feel blessed- and that doesn't come often.
4 REPLIES 4
AlienBP2
Senior Contributor

Re: Bipolar

Getting close to nature is always good for the "soul"....
Have been thinking of getting to Sydney soon to go to Zoo there with my camera....
NikNik
Senior Contributor

Hi @Kylieo

I'm so glad you found an activity that improved your week.

What other tips would you give people to manage tough weeks?

Nik

PS: I love the zoo.. in particular the wombats Smiley Very Happy

AlienBP2
Senior Contributor

Maybe just a walk on the beach on a sunny day....a hot chocolate on a cold....
Hot showers or better just lay in the bath with your magazine or paper and suck on a paddle pop....why be normal... That's boring ;-))

Meditation watching clouds in the sky ....stars at night and howling at the moon...not recommended when the neighbours are looking
Playing a harmonica ( they are small just put in the glove box or in your pocket
Some music is very relaxing usually light classical though some abstract modern is good to

I hide it too

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance