Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Denv12
Senior Contributor

Computer Advice Needed.

As I need to buy a computer I rang a few computer repair shops.They suggested that for me to get Windows 10 installed on a used computer will cost upward of $400 to $450 at least including a new Windows 10 installation.Based on that ans my budget is under $350 that I cant afford anything like that,should I just buy a friends laptop thats already got Windows 10 recently installed on it? Thanks.

Regards @Denv12.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Computer Advice Needed.

Hi @Denv12

The positives of buying your friend's laptop is that if you have a problem he can possibly help you fix it. If they are good friend, ask them to show you how to hook up another monitor to it.

I can't say whether it's a good deal or not without looking at it - depends on how old it is and whether it is in good working order.

Very hard to get a new PC for $350, only second hand & refurbished pcs or laptops at this price. Most second hand pcs will already have windows 10 already installed meaning you don't have to buy it separately for $400.

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Re: Computer Advice Needed.

Hi @Bezak482.

Thank you for replying.

I guess I will have the bonus of Windows 10.I bought 2 books on windows 10 to help and a laptop book a few weeks ago.I kept my monitor,etc from my desktop computer.Its not much bigger than the laptop screen.And its a good size laptop.I can finally use my mobile phone as a phone not for online.I will use my wifi modem to go online.

Thanks again for the advice.

Regards @Denv12

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance