Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

butterfly101
Contributor

Feel socially isolated

Everything seems like hard effect
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Feel socially isolated

Hi @butterfly101
Feeling completely socially isolated is at times quite crippling and a very hard space to get out of. The only way I found to break out of the pattern was to force myself to go out each day. When I walked to the shops I would only buy one or two things which sometimes meant I had to go back to the shop later the same day.
This worked well for me because I was able to talk to the person on the cashier and quite quickly they became very friendly. This was my stsrting point that allowed me to become less socially isolated.

Have you got any strategies that worked for you before? Writing here regularly also helps to break down that isolation too.
Take care 🎶

Hi @butterfly101

are you ok? is it the social isolation or was something happening yesterday / now?

Hi @butterfly101 I know many members here can relate to feeling socially isolated. It can be really difficult to feel so alone. While this is an anonymous online community, It's good to have this space to help feel more connected. So glad you found us here! You are among new friends. Can you tell us a bit more about what you're going through? How have things been for you since posting the other day? Look forward to hearing more of your story. Take care.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance