Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

SimpleAsThis
Senior Contributor

Hey you, I'm new too!

Greetings 🙂

Basic self info: 22 female BNE-SUNSHINE STATE; conflicted; too casual; don't know if I'm speaking an alien language most of the time cause I literally get told to shut up or blatant ignorance; I'm genuine I think? I don't lie, never bad intentions to anyone else but I am straightforward so sometimes my honest opinion makes me kinda wanna maybe eat my foot.

I'm feeling positive about signing up here, doing my best to spread the good vibes after a "WTF' relationship that ended in a mess, battled substance abuse and watched myself fade into a stranger (literally looking in a mirror I didn't see anything but a creepy hopeless face.

It's been 6 months since I managed to cut mostly every detrimental influence from my life, I needed antidepressants (super suppressants) psychological help and I'm going to need more.

Sometimes I ramble without realising and I do apologise in advance, will try to keep my word vomit purely verbal... I mainly want to help anyone who feels even a little bit like me - if I can offer info of advice about my experiences everyone is welcome to ask....

But I also hope to find insight into people in general, how different individual perception could be and I suppose I'll talk more later. ..

Looking forward to getting to know the forum and you guys 🙂

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Hey you, I'm new too!

Hey @SimpleAsThis

A big warm welcome to the Forums. I'm loving your honest and upfront vibe.

Sounds like you've made some big changes in your life - ones that aren't the easiest ones to make either, and usually involve a lot of difficult self-work.

Don't worry about verbal vomit - we welcome it on here! The forums is place where people can share what's going on in their mind. One of our members @kato started this thread, where he and others share random thoughts and poems. Some wonderful stuff can be created when you let things flow.

If you want to introduce yourself and share some random stuff about yourself, and read up on some of our other members, feel free to contribute to this thread.

Today is our Sunday Funday where we mingle and share what we did over the weekend with each other. So feel free to join in on that conversation too. Additionally, there's a heap of other threads that you're more than welcome to contribute to.

See you 'round!

CB

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @SimpleAsThis

Welcome to the forums. You have a really honest approach to your message, love it! I'm a 30s something mamma of two. Rambling is welcome here as (well for me anyway) if i ramble/write enough i often realise what the actual problem or thing that is bugging me is! lol it just comes out! 

Hope you find the forums helpful, its a relaxing, helpful, non judgemental 'home' for lots of people. Glad you are here!

LJ

Cheers for the welcome guys 🙂 I've already been checking out some of the topics

@Former-Member nice to know I'm not the only rambler 😛 do you have young kidlets? My sister is due in five days and I didn't think I'd be freaking out more than her haha
I always keep a sketch journal to release as much of my erratic mind as possible - there has to be an off switch somewhere!?! Haha I picture my thoughts as rouge brightly coloured bouncy balls, hard to control and there's no such thing as friction..... 😛

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance