Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Helen25
Casual Contributor

Hmmmm?

Hello out there..... I'm feeling a little down... Who ever really knows why!

6 REPLIES 6
Shimmer
Senior Contributor

Re: Hmmmm?

Hi @Helen25 Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you're feeling a bit down at the moment - glad you've reached out!

Sounds like you're finding it hard to put your finger on what's triggered this feeling. I'm curious, do you experience it often? Noticed any kind of pattern around when it tends to occur?

I'm also wondering, what usually helps you get through it?

Take care,

Shimmer

Such a philosophical question. @Helen25 There was a time when people thought being melancholic was desirable even fashionable ... expectations about .. what appropriate feelings are  ... seems relative .. and culturally bound.

Hi @Helen25. Has anything changed recently in your life, or perhaps the opposite is true and you feel as though you're stuck in a bit of a rut?

Sorry to hear you're feeling this way however. Remember we're here to listen and support...

Rick
Senior Contributor

@Helen25

Hi Helen 

my name is Rick.

Who ever really knows why? 

it's an excellent question. The answer to which only ourselves can answer. 

I do know that having a down time does not by necessity require a trigger. Sometimes it just is. Those time are quite often the most perplexing. 

For me I think. That's always been my management tool. I look as deep as I can and when I find a thing I don't understand, I think.

Not generally in any real directed way. Just kind of set up the equation and hot enter. Then I go about the daily walk of living. Most often what happens is that in time my brain working  on this problem without my interference will provide a new question. This question is one that more often than not I can answer. This answer is quite the answer to the original equation.

We know ourselves far more deeply than we are aware of consciously.

The feeling down part is the weight we carry. That weight though ( again just me as an example) can be a hateful thing. It is so unwelcome, and fair enough too.

Sometimes just the act of communication is helpful. And if one contact in communication doesn't lighten the weight, then say it all again to another. Then if need be another and another and another.

Depression  is  the lonliest place on this planet. It is often tempting to increase that lonliness. to isolate.

I have no wisdom to empart. All I know is that by talking we share. When we share our piece becomes a little smaller.

This place here, is a good place to share. There are those here who are truly wise. Others have such strength that simpy by communicating with them they share some of that with us.

Share with us. We will share with you. Together we come to understand. This is good.

Please take good care of you

Rick 

Helen25
Casual Contributor

Thank you so much Rick it's a good feeling to know you took the time to share your thoughts 🙂
Helen25
Tigga19
Senior Contributor

Your supportive words in this post are incredible. @Rick @Appleblossom @Queenie @Shimmer
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance