Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

Will come to see the images when they have cleared @Smc .🌷

Former-Member
Not applicable

I have seen some terrific mosaics and some awful ones in gardens, I have a feeling I may have visited a curiosity shop in some of our travels and cannot say I have hankered after anything remotely similar @Smc , the sea shell mosaics at the place we went to  were particularly unappealing but each to their own.  Mosaics that I enjoy are more along these lines:images (99).jpegimages (100).jpegimages (96).jpeg

Love the birds @Former-Member. It's nice how the artist used the curved plate edges to make the tails. 🙂

The Old Curiosity Shop is very over the top. I like its exuberance, but yeah, don't know if I'd want to live there. But hey, I can draw inspriation from some of the nicest bits.

This is sort of along the lines of what I'd like to do in the bathroom, but as a band around the walls, and in blue and white.

b83cd05e87e9c015a46a7bbb608f5094.jpg

Former-Member
Not applicable

Lovely @Smc 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Are you a handyman @Adge?

No I'm definitely not a handyman @Former-Member I was a Pro at Gardening, plant identification, pests & diseases.

I try to fix things, yet anything more than screws nails etc - is beyond me.

Perhaps it's because of being Dyslexic & having poor Hand-eye Coordination (so low confidence in that area).

So I usually have to call a Tradesperson in - & pay them a fortune $ (which I cannot afford).

That said - I did amaze myself on a few occasions.

I once connected a brand new Toilet Cistern (including connecting the pipes) all by myself - it has always worked fine, since then.

Plumbers never queried it, they must have thought that a Plumber installed it.

Adge

Former-Member
Not applicable

We're the same @Adge 

Fair enough @Former-Member Tradespeople charge ridiculous prices.

Tree Pruners (Arborists) seem the worst - they do not do hourly rates, only Quotes & one (Huge) Charge.

$750 for 1 hour's work, they charged (last time) - usually it's well over $1000.

That was just heavy pruning, at a small height (1 metre up) - no large tree removal.

So one way to make lots of $ is to be a Tree Pruner (Arborist).

Adge

Former-Member
Not applicable

images - 2020-07-15T093728.898.jpeg

Good morning @Former-Member , @Faith-and-Hope@Adge@Smc@outlander 

love the Butterflies and the dragonflies @Former-Member 

ohhh yes coffee is my secret too xx

this morning we dropped the car off to get new brakes
stopped at mum`s to plant some plants in her garden
had a cuppa with her
and then we walked home , nice sunny and cool day here , lovely to be in the sunshine

now to have a well earned cup of coffee Smiley Very Happy

coffeecup.jpg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance