Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Denv12
Senior Contributor

If You Wrote A Book,What Would You Call It?

Here's something to think about.If you were to write a book on your experiences of your health issues,what would you call your book? What would you like people to know? What can you suggest to help others? What sort of things have you learnt that others can benefit from? What things have helped you that others can benefit from? What about sharing your humouress point of view about it?

I hope this post will inspire people to think about the idea of writing a book.

Thanks for stopping by.

Denv12.

12 REPLIES 12

Re: If You Wrote A Book,What Would You Call It?

Hi @Denv12 

I started writing a book in my life quite a few years ago. It’s about my childhood growing up. It is about my childhood abuse and up to the beginning of my marriage. I have stopped and haven’t gone back to it. 

Another thought I had was to write a book for primary school students about childhood abuse. And to make children aware that it is so wrong to be abused. But it would be a very basic book. It’s a hard topic to write a book about. 

Hi @blue Bay. I think its a good move.We need to educate people of all ages.Good luck with the book.
Denv12.

hi @BlueBay  and @Denv12 ,

i am currently writing a book, it is about DID but from an inner world perspective and all of my alters have been contributing it is kinda got sort of a diary feel to it. it is currently titled: Out of the Forest and into the House. 

Hi @ Baby Dragon. I'm not familiar with DID.Can you please tell me what it is? Thank you. Denv12.

Hi @Denv12 ,

I hope you understand my explanation.

DID is short for Dissociative Identity Disorder basically when we are little and our identity/personality is forming it is fragmented and as we get older the pieces join together in one single piece. But for some who go through trauma and abuse in childhood these fragments split off and create their own seperate identity. Not all who go through bad childhoods will develop this and most with the condition don't usually notice till mid teens/early 20s but it starts developing at a young age usually when the first occurrence of trauma happened. I have figured out that my first alter was actually with me when I was 4 I just thought she was my imaginary friend back then.

There are various kinds of DID experiences, for example I have a whole inner world with a house surrounded by forest hence the title of my book but some have full on cities in their inner world's but there are some who have no inner world or just don't remember when they front. Also alter communication varies as well with some having full communication others only have some and then a few have no communication at all. Also when I have alters front I have no idea what happens just what people around me tell me unless I am co conscious other know exactly what their alters do when out.

Anyway I gotta go but if you have more questions me or others are happy to answer

Hi @Former-Member .

Thank you for explaining it to me.I'm sorry to learn of your experiences.I hope you are coping with it.

Regards Denv12.

Hi DENV12

I was diagnosed with CPTSD about three and a half years ago. I have been writing a book since then. I'm still not sure what to call it, but it is my first hand account of living with the cruel symptoms of CPTSD. I am 58 years of age. I think the book is not too far off from being finished.

Sometimes I found writing the book to be painful... recalling the memories. But it was equally soothing and helped me see things from new perspectives now.

I think any kind of writing is very cathartic.

CK

Hi @silverspoon.
You are the same age as me.
You have a lot to share with the world.You could describe each symptom individually so that others can relate to it. Please keep writing.The world can always benefit from this type of book. Writing about our own experiences might make someone elses day whilst still being therapeutic for ourselves.As for book title,here's a suggestion:

"CPTSD:an owners manual".

Good luck with the book.

Regards Denv12.

Thank you for your support DENV12
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance