Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Crazy_Bug_Lady
Senior Contributor

It's showtime!

I've not been really active on here lately. But I have been thinking of you all, and missing you guys.
Been busy busy getting the cattle ready for shows.
Had Gawler Show on Saturday, which went well, and I've busy busy packing as we're heading off to the Adelaide Showgrounds tomorrow.
I'm staying at the showgrounds for 9 days, so that'll be... interesting... It'll be a good opportunity to see how much I've learnt and how I'll cope with the pressure and anxiety. ☺

Anyways, I will catch up with you all after the crazyness of the show is over. 😊😊
8 REPLIES 8
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: It's showtime!

You are lucky to have a farm with cattle @Crazy_Bug_Lady. I hope one day that I can save some baby calves and lambs from being killed. I will have a rescue farm if I get wealthy and spend the money on saving lives.
Love♥
Bella 🙂

Ho @Former-Member I'm not that lucky. I work one day a week at a farm. I live 15mins from the centre of Adelaide, so it's great to head out there.
What the breeder does, is rather than pay us (I work with two others), she lets us pick our first heifer to start our own studs.
The other two have their animals already and are exhibiting them this year. Hopefully I'll pick my heifer after the show season is over for the year. Being able to work with cattle has been a lifesaver for me, as it's given me something to fight for.
I have spent most of the year focusing on Royal, I keep telling myself I am not needed here, but I have to wait till after Royal. Now that Royal is here, I am terrified. But at the same time I am trying to focus on choosing my heifer, which will be a long term commitment, starting my own stud.
One step at a time. I'm someone who is terrible at being away from home, terrified of talking to people, particularly strangers, and hates crowds and loud noises. I also suck at handling pressure and stress. Which sums up showing and exhibiting at the Show to a 'T'. Gotta make it through the next 10 days.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Good luck @Crazy_Bug_Lady! So glad to hear that the gawler show went well!!

Hope the next nine days goes as smoothly as the fun chaos of the show can! 😄

Take care of you!! 

LJ

Good luck @Crazy_Bug_Lady, i hope you win some ribbons. Smiley Happy

Jacques

Fingers crossed @Jacques !
Both our bulls are in classes by themselves, so whoever win in thise two will go on to compete against other breeds.
At Gawler we got 2 seconds, and 2 thirds.
But honestly, while the ribbons are good, we're there to show off our breed and our studs.
But it is nice to not come last. 😂
I'm helping the owners 9 year-old nephew take one of the calves in a dress-up comp. The calf will dress as a human, the human as a cow. I'll be sure to take pics to show you guys. Getting a 9 month-old calf dressed in pants and a Hawaiian Shirt will be a hoot.

OMG @Crazy_Bug_Lady, that sounds hilarious, oh boy i would love to see you dress up the calf, good luck trying to keep it calm!!!!!!!

good for you, yes it is good to show the fabulous breeds Australia has to offer, we have such variety of sheep and cattle breeds,  am sure you will go fine, and have lots of laughs.

The idea of choosing a heifer to start your own stud is absolutle fantastic .... so glad to hear from you @Crazy_Bug_Lady

So ..... @Crazy_Bug_Lady

What's happening ? Like reading your posts !
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance