Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Neb
Senior Contributor

Spring time

I love Spring! Being an ex Queenslander now living in New Zealand, I am always delighted to have the 4 seasons of a temperate zone. My tulips are coming on and the Main Street in town is glowing with violas. Magnolias are gorgeous and daffodils galore. The cherry blossom trees are budding up. There is the glorious and magical river running down to the sea, with beaches not of golden sand but of black which has sparkly bits to catch the sun... The mountains still are snow capped with gleaming mantles in the sunlight, and the water courses have water ...and always running water, clear over the pebbles. Green, green everywhere and the ridiculous newborn lambs playing as only lambs can!

Do you get the idea that I love Spring! I am feeling very virtuous as I have started spring cleaning with the most hated job.....the oven! All my wooden furniture has been oiled and the honey tones, magnify the beautiful wooden floors. I am polishing the brass collection, and later will walk to my local library to enjoy a cappuccino with the knitting and crocheting group which makes blankets for Plunket, which is the maternal and child clinic over here.

Next week I will be away in retreat from the world, attending a spiritual thingy. I will not TALK for 5 days! It is a bit hard for the first couple of hours but by the end, the noise is pretty stunning when allowed to again. It is not a holiday, as we are up at about 0630 hrs (which I find tough) and it is full on until about 2100 hrs. The place where this will be, will be in the country, so I should enjoy the opportunity to tramp about.
1 REPLY 1

Re: Spring time

It is lovely to read about spring in New Zealand, over here in Victoria, tulip festival in full swing too..getting back onto the telfast/ or any once a day antihistamine to avoid hay fever..the spiritual retreat sounds interesting, have you been before? I have a few friends who have been on silent retreats and meditated a lot, I like the sound of it but I don't know if my hips would😄
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance