Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Kazbar
Casual Contributor

Struggling bipolar 1 mania intense anxiety

Hi. I'm new to this page. I'm struggling right now, a death in the family and also a very unwell friend. I am a mum of 2 young boys with a partner. But today I'm totally off the radar. Can't stop, going crazy. More meds? What to do. Feeling quite desperate 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Struggling bipolar 1 mania intense anxiety

Hi Kazbar
Welcome to forums
Lola here, one of the moderators. I am sorry to hear hear you are currently struggling. It has take n courage for you to come here and open up. Here you will find supportive forum members.
Take care
lola

Hello @Kazbar 

I am sorry for your loss and that you have so many things going on in your family.

There is no easy answer.  If you feel meds will help you get through the grief, try and think of it as temporary, and try and get grief counselling as well.

light blue iris.jpeg

Hi @Kazbar just wanted to let you know that I read your post and I'm sorry things are so hard right now. I have also experienced BP1 mania with intense anxiety due to out of control stress and lack of sleep. It's beyond words and I hope I never experience it again. I'm definitely not saying that I know how you feel, but you will find solidarity here from people who have some understanding of the challenges. For me, it took a major circuit breaker to find some equilibrium.

Do you have support from health professionals? Eventually I got a support team - good gp, psychiatrist and psychologist - as well as a few trusted friends. My initial self help was walking, and trying to keep some routine, but I dk what I would have done without help from good people in the mental health field.

Take care, frog.

Thanks @frog. I do have many supports. I’ve got a new psychiatrist and really don’t have a connection with him yet. Things are a little slower today, thank goodness but I generally start to wind up later in the afternoon/night. Hopefully tonight will not be as intense. Have upped the antipsychotics so this should help. Thanks kazbar

Hey @Kazbar thinking of you tonight.

I hope you get some good rest.

I'm really worn out so I won't be for long.

Just wanted to wish you well.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance