Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Denv12
Senior Contributor

TV Channels Dropping Out Frequently.Need Advice.

Hi.

I have a nightmare of a problem.I have a Hisense HD tv set thats about 5 years old and a new Doss UHF-VHF indoor boosted tv antenna.I'm on the ground floor of a double story block of flats.  I dont have a roof antenna,they cost around $300 plus to get them installed. For around the last 10 days the tv signals range from good to non existent on any day.    I just tuned up the tv again 5 minutes ago.I can only get the ABC channels and theiy are all pixelated.My lounge room window is standard unit size so I've moved my antenna in small increments then rescanned the tv.I have to do this every time the signals drop out.Its so frequently I dont know whether my tv and antenna are the idiots of the world.I'm sick of this. Is it possible there is an atmospheric problem? I dont have the money to call out a repair service.The cable from the tv to the antenna is built in to the antenna but a plug in on the back of the tv.Both the power cables for both the tv and antenna work properly.When I do get channels and a perfect picture it will last that way until the signals drop out and I have to go through the whole process again. Can anyone relate to this? I'm in SA.

I hope you can shed some light on this problem.Thanks.Regards Denv12.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: TV Channels Dropping Out Frequently.Need Advice.

Hi @Denv12 . I'm really sorry you're having trouble with your TV. I know that must be concerning for you. I wish I could help you with this but unfortunately for me, technology like TVs aren't my strong point, I'm afraid to say. I do hope that someone can help you very soon😊

Hey there @Denv12 

It must have been very frustrating having to move your antenna to get the channels to work properly. Though, as a non-tech savy person I can say you are very creative in coming up with this solution!

Just wanted to let you know that of forums mainly focus on mental health recovery so you may not be able to get the solutions you are looking for to your TV channels difficulties. Rest assured no guidelines has been broken though! I just wanted to chime in to let you know this 🙂

Take care, 

Peonies 

Hi @Judi9877.
Thank you for your kind words.
REgards @Denv12.

THank you @Peonies.
Perhaps a section on the forum catering for any technical advice would be good.
Regards @Denv12.

Hey there @Denv12 thanks so much for raising this again! We can attempt to help out with tech issues relating to the forums specifically, but unfortunately wider tech issues (TV/Phone/Computers etc) are not something our forums are catered for, however I have found an Australian based tech forum here with active threads and discussions. These guys look like they're pretty knowledgable!

For anything mental health related, please reach out 🙂 We're here to listen.

Hi @nashy.
Thank you for the link.Despite trying to register,etc I gave up trying to get in there.As I use westnet webmail for email it causes a lot of link problems.No one at iinet wants to solve it.I'll look around for another forum to get tv/antenna advice from.

Update:

As of July 9th I found another helpful forum.Its AV Forums.

Regards @Denv12.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance