Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Through One's Eyes

IMG_3466.JPG

Took my fancy

Former-Member
Not applicable

IMG_3021.JPG

w178_woollaston-mountford-tosswill_hl-1982-l-bryans-duho-3.jpeg

These are painted by a woman artist Lina bryans part of the Darebin Group in the 1960s Melbourne

The top is NZ artist Toos Woollaston

BryansAdrianLawlor1964.jpeg

Adrian Adrew Lawlor was both an artist and writer 

Celebrating Australian talent

Former-Member
Not applicable

IMG_20170312_233953.jpg

This is one of my fav paintings. Found it in an Op shop of cause. Still not sure why I like it so much, or who the artist was. Peaceful I guess. Remind me to put up my first acrylic painting I had framed, and some of my son's 1st water colours he won prize at show for. This is a good thread idea. Hope I'm on track xox

That is beautiful @Former-Member so serene, so peaceful, so simple and beautiful. Smiley Happy

Looking forward to seeing your painting and your son's also.

You are spot on - it's a place to share anything Arty related - images, thoughts, ideas, etc etc

Lovely to see you here and sharing with us Heart

@Zoe7, Thank you, will hopefully start drawing up tomorrow, depending on where the head is.

Hi @Zoe7....

I particularly enjoy painting - even if I don't ever actually like my artwork.... (therefore not sharing any...)

I got straight A's for art at high school, but I don't know why....

I can't paint or draw on anitpsychotics.... horrible side effect....

My favorite artist is Monet - particularly his waterlily paintings.....

My creativity is currently limited to making a few cards a year with scrapbooking stickers, card & decorations.... (They can cost a bit to make, so I only make them for people who seem to appreciate the effort....) 

I love the artwork in your profile picture @Zoe7

Namaste,

A

@aButterfly so I think the "My favourite artist is Monet" club count is now at 4.

Myself @Faith-and-Hope and I think it was @Former-Member (hope I got that write Tawney) and now yourself.

His waterlillies series is beautiful.

I also love the mystical flavour of his Venice and sunset paintings.

Hi @aButterfly .... 🤗💕

I haven't caught up with you for a while ...,

Yes .... love, love, love Monet and the Impressionists, even though my style is more realism, I am trying to learn from them. I love the fact that they were coming from a perspective of light and colour.

Making cards was one way I fed my creativity through vast periods of time when I couldn't paint. That, and making .... let's say ....creative .... birthday cakes for my kids. It was soooo worth it to hear my S1 (28yo) say within my hearing, "We had the most AWESOME birthday cakes growing up .... !!" And he's my biggest introvert .... lol ....
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance