Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Through One's Eyes

Hi @Faith-and-Hope.....

I deleted my account about 2 months ago... I was very paranoid.... I just re-joined today.....

Lovely that your son appreciates the effort you made! Heart 

I don't know how good I would be at decorating cakes if I ever have children.... 

Namaste,

A

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Faith-and-Hope, love it when we overhear our kids say positive things about us. "well done, good and faithful..." echoes in the heaven lies for you I think, and one prout mamma 👑

Yes @Zoe7, Monet is my fav, think its the blues & greens and the way he Fuzzes it all together. How's that for an unlearned description lol I have a couple of his pieces / prints on my walls. xox

@Former-Member I am so glad I got that right!!! I love your description of Monet's work - the blues and greens with a splash of colour - just beautiful... and 'the way he fuzzes it all together' is a brilliant description of any Impressionists' work. What pieces/images do you have - or is that too identifiable?

Yes, perfect description @Former-Member ... ❣

So glad you're back @aButterfly .... 💐💕

With cake-making, start anywhere ..... when I get home I will post an image of good old-fashioned butterfly cakes. If you sprinkle them with the edible glitter that is available now, they would make a lovely gift for a friend or work colleague for a special celebration.

I made a "pizza cake" once .... I baked a flat sponge in a big round pan so it was only a couple of cm high, then spread it with strawberry jam, and chose lollies that looked enough like pizza toppings to give the effect, and sprinkled it with yellow sprinkles that were long-shaped rather than round, like grated cheese.

Okay @aButterfly ..... Here are the traditional "butterfly cakes".  Are you familiar with them ?  

For anyone who's not, you cut our a circle in the top of a cupcake, fill the space with icing or cream, or cream cheese mixed with icing sugar (there might be a vegan version of this @aButterfly, as I am guessing you will be making vegan cakes), then cut the remaining circle in half and prop the pieces on top of the filling to resemble butterfly wings.

image.jpeg

Here are a few other ideas ....

Just coloured icing with some supermarket icing shapes scattered on top is creative.  That's what we used to do with our youth group .... bring cakes, icing, and decorating things, and let the kids go to town with it all.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpeg image.jpegimage.jpeg

Former-Member
Not applicable

IMG_20170313_124530.png

Hi @Zoe7@Faith-and-Hope. everyone...

Love all those creative  cupcakes , cooking can be very creative. Found this rainy day painting of Monet, love his subtle use of light + colour, plus it reflects the weather I'm experiencing here today. Hope everyone is well & at peace today. 

Just realised its autumn drr - my favourite season 

🍁🍁  🍁🍁. 🍁🍁

@Former-Member I am not receiving some emails from your or @Faith-and-Hope so just got this one!!!

I'm doing ok - baby steps and minute by minute, hour by hour today!

Hope you are doing ok Heart

@Zoe7 .... I am not receiving all notifications either .... maybe 10% ... ?  @NikNik

Hi @Former-Member

Art is like my second heart-beat ..... 

I have an art thread going on Carer's as well, called Art Class ....

🌷💜

I've had a print of that Monet on my bedroom wall since I was 5 - over 60 years now @Former-Member. It has gone with me to every home I've had for all those years.

A beautiful work!
Former-Member
Not applicable

IMG_20170315_111457.jpgHi @Kurra, @Kurra, that's lovely that you've had that Monet rainy street view for so long, decades. His style will be timeless I think. This is the big Monet print (1x1.2m) in my lounge room. Found it at a garage sale for $2 because the glass had broke, looks pretty good without glass I think 🙂 Hope you are well?

Hi Zoe7, @Tookyspookims, @Faith-and-hope, @Appleblossom, @Teej, @utopia, well, just everyone xox

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance