Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Tigga19
Senior Contributor

nervous

This is ridiculous. My 2 wonderful children have been with their father for 9 days and in 1/2 an hour I will be collecting them and I am incredibly nervous.  We are awfully close and I know my 10 year old will throw herself into my arms, my 8 year old probably will too but she is mildly autistic and a little unpredictable when encountering change. I know they love me and I know they love their dad.  I'm just so nervous and feel like vomiting.  Can't sit still.  Am worried and panicing.  My hands are shaking.  I don't know whta to do with myself.

6 REPLIES 6
Tigga19
Senior Contributor

Re: nervous

Now I'm weeping. Why am I weeping? I can't see them with tear stains.
Kurra
Community Elder

Breathe @Tigga19

Breathe IN for 4 secs long slow and down into your tummy
HOLD your breath for 2 secs
Breathe OUT for 6 secs s l o w l y release the air

Take one normal breath then START the process again.

This is very calming. Just continue breathing in and out slowly until you feel calmer. You might find it easier if you breathe out more than you would usually do before you start the slow breathing.

Here for you @Tigga19 💕
Tigga19
Senior Contributor

Thankyou @Kurra
Turns out my instincts were right
Kurra
Community Elder

So you're feeling calmer now @Tigga19 or are you still feeling a little fragile?
You've got your darling daughters home again. Woohoo! 😀💕
Tigga19
Senior Contributor

Yes, I do have my gorgeous girls back, and they are such darlings. Lots of kisses and cuddles. ❤️❤️

But I'm still panicked and worrying bc their dad was threatening and intimidating and menacing toward me.
Kurra
Community Elder

Hmm @Tigga19
You would be wise to write down what was said, what behaviour was involved etc. Sign and date it with the actual time it happened. Approximation is OK too. Very important is whether or not the girls witnessed this. This gives you a written record which has greater value than memory.

Try to put this behind you once you've recorded what happened and enjoy your beautiful and treasured daughters.
Hugzzz 💕 💜 💕
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance