Skip to main content
TAB
Senior Contributor

Re: Tabaluga's

yes, I dont drink tap water as a rule @SmilingGecko  as said in past , wash car windscreen with it and next day cant see thru it cos white from all minerals in tap water

Yeah amazing huh @TAB? Thats how bad things have got. When i spoke to someone from the waterboard he treated me as if i was the one with the problem!?

TAB
Senior Contributor

better off talking to people who sell water filters, not the polluters @SmilingGecko 

@TAB It just didn't make sense, my on the go water filter just no longer worked with the water. It got like 98-99% of fluoride out and here I was gagging. So decided there was either a manufacture problem or something wrong with water. My benchtop drip filtration system's cartridges would only be good for 3 months and not 12 months as stated. The quality of water has really deteriorated

TAB
Senior Contributor

just read there are specific , more toxic chemicals in water in Victoria @SmilingGecko  something called 'chloromine' that is worse than chlorine. 

people(including me) used to think letting tap water sit and evaporate chlorine off helped. well it helped taste at least.

with new chemicals they say can let it stand for months and no algae can grow. and if it does, its a mutated version.

on that happy note, am going for a nap. 

@SmilingGecko @TAB you don’t have slim under eaves rainwater tanks?

Only cost $2,000.

Every apartment and house I’ve seen in WA has a built in water filter.

@Bill16 you’re a plumber. How would you charge to put a water filter on a rainwater tank pump?

Morning everyone 👋🏼 

TAB
Senior Contributor

no , I dont, re tanks, plus no filters @Glisten  plus been burning through super and not worked last 2 years at least ,  ok so not looking to spend $2k on luxury of rainwater. got a poxy 1000 liter tank that sits on ground that was here when bought place. need 10x that if had the money. plus they ran it off low add on part of roof, so a tank off the ground would have to be ok modular or re-run gutters to fill tank off main roof modular sounds better lol

maybe on a list after other things , and after:

• inheritance
  • work
  • age pension if still alive then, ok in last 5 years to go now lol thats extra $150/wk at todays rates so might be $200/wk extra by 2030 when am eligible lol ok $178 just keep up to cpi  lol

@Glisten Yes I've seen the ones you are referring to! They look corrugated and they sit neatly next door to the brickwork. I did think of it.

The filters attached to houses are quite pricey. They don't get out flouride though. You need another under the sink system or bench top gravity fed system to filter flouride out.

Was checking operators a while ago. Trying to get someone reliable to send out replacement parts or reinstall new filters was a bit of a drama going by customer reviews with a few places. I did think of it.

I can take my gravity fed system everywhere though, its portable.

Was looking into a new filter company on the market here in Australia called Filter-roo which is a copycat of Berkey but gets more contaminants out and for a cheaper price. The Filter-roo filters are interchangeable with my existing Berkey system hardware and I don't need to order from overseas. 

Berkey used to be the industry gold standard in water filters and have been in the market for 30years.