Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Lemonjuice
Senior Contributor

Borrowed money to...

...get through the next two months until the house is sold.  Sooo embarrassed.  I'm such a failure.  I'm relieved but at the same time, one more reason to want to die.  

😳😳😳😳🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️😫😫😫😫:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

And I see my counsellor in two days, but don't want to go.  I don't want to talk about last session...stupid, stupid, stupid!  

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Borrowed money to...

Hi @Lemonjuice. Wish I had more to offer than to say I hear you and am sorry you're experiencing the tough stuff you are. It's not easy to ask for help sometimes but it's important to do if we need to (and we all need support at times).

Hope counsellor goes well tomorrow (going by your post I think it's tomorrow). Sounds like it's going to be hard to get to and face.

Hi @Lemonjuice 

I'm out of touch with your story right now but I know you life has been hard - 

So - you had to borrow money to get through til the house is sold - that is not being a failure - I had to do that in the past - it's called a bridging loan. I know it's difficult to face and deal with but it happens and you are not a failure - why would you think that?

But you do - I get that - and your next session with your therapist - now I have no knowledge what happened there but it's not stupid to not want to talk about it. I have challenged therapists in the past and it was helpful actually

They are only human like us - and the lady I challenged was so nice about it - I told her that as clients we could agree with everything our therapist says but in fact we might not and we need to be honest. Her response was that she has no way of knowing what her clients are thinking and how her suggestions might be taken - it was an open and honest discussion and I wish the same for you

Personally I don't know if I would have gained a lot had I agreed with my therapists all the time - this one was one of the two who moved interstate - they were both great too - pity people have to move on but they do

But you are not a failure or stupid - there should be no name calling here even if we are talking about ourselves

You hit a hard place a few times too often - I have read that so much in your posts - it makes for a tough place

Best thoughts

Dec

No Name Calling AllowedNo Name Calling Allowed

@Owlunar  I borrowed off family friends.  I'm coming down from the feeling of being stupid.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance