Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Changing meds

Sitting with you @WIP  💕

Im ok today. I'm here for you @WIP 

What did the dr say about time for the swelling/bruising to go down? It sounds quite bad So I would imagine weeks rather than days? Did they say to keep icing? I'm so sorry it's taken such a toll on you. I feel self conscious at the best of time So i can relate to feeling embarrassed. We all have accidents tho L, you falling out of bed is just that. Could you call your mum just for a chat? 

Did i ever ask you about the NDIS? Perhaps you could be eligible? 

Hugs and strength dear special @WIP 

Can you give Levi a hug from.me? I'd like that xox

Hi @WIP ,

I am sorry to hear  how tough and hurtful things are feeling right now, both physically and emotionally. You have lots of us here on the forum that genuinely care for you. Please reach out to one of the crisis services if you need to such as Lifeline 13 11 14 or Suicide Call Back service 1300 659 467. You can also call the SANE Help Center if you would like some support as well on 1800 18 7263.
Please take care WIP and reach out if needed. You don't need to go through this alone.

Radius

Dear @WIP ... @Anastasia is right L ... and I assure you that I too would miss you very much if you were not around.  I look for you each day, and would definitely notice if you were not here.  

I like you a whole lot @WIP  and I love you for how you support so many of us.  You are intelligent, caring, helpful and kind.  How could any of us not love you?  You are a very worthy and lovable person. 

I can see that you have been very badly hurt ... firstly by the need to give up your work last year, followed by the COVID shutdowns and loss of new job opportunities, and now with this fall and the embarrassment around how you look.  You sound like someone who needs people around them, whether that be close friends, workmates, family.  And for the past year or so ... that is definitely lacking.  I accept that there really is no substitute for physical care. 

But while that is missing for you, you have many of us here who care about you so very much.  The thing is ... you need to exist ... in order to take that next step and get back into society again. That could include work, your DBT course, developing friendships, etc. And then, you can begin to really live again.  If your many friends here at Sane can in some way help you to continue to exist until you are ready and able to re-enter real life ... then that means we have done what is needed.  I think what I'm trying to say here, in a round about sort of way,  is that there IS a point to just existing @WIP .  I hope what I'm trying to say, makes some sense?

I am sitting here with you.

Emelia 😔💕

Still thinking of you @WIP 💞🌷

@Emelia8 🌺🐕

Dropping by with a loving hug @WIP 

I Really hope you’re safe tonight. I appreciate your friendship very much and I know we all value you as a forum member,

I am going to do my best next week to prove that our mh stuff Can be overcome and that we can do our recovery journey together.

💖🤗💖

Sounds like a great plan dear @Eve7 and @WIP . I'll be cheering you both on as you are both very special 🙏🤗💕

Hi Em @Emelia8 

I've just reread your post from 22 jan at 3.46pm.

I have been very emotional, lots of crying, SI thoughts, and generally not coping the past few days.  I didn't realise this fall and the physical

affects on my face and arms, would have such a big impact on my depression. Im back in a hole, trying to claw my way out. All of my negative feelings are amplified, and I'm back to having not hope.

However, your post has helped me feel better, if only for a little while.  So THANK YOU for your support & wise words. You make a difference in my life. x

P.S I genuinely hope you aren't in as much discomfort as the past few days

Thank you @WIP 😊🌺

I'm really happy that firstly, my words actually made sense, and secondly that they had meaning for you.  I'm sorry though that the past couple of days have been so emotionally charged for you and that your depression has put you back into that dreaded hole. I hope you can crawl out of there soon and reach for some light in your life.  For now, it may just be dear little Levi. But there will be other things soon, as you now have a great team right alongside you. I'm actually feeling very optomistic for you dear @WIP 😄

Are the bruises beginning to fade, or at least going through the many spectrums of colour as they slowly heal? Hope the headaches and touch sore head have also eased.

Do you think you might make it to DBT this week?  Are there any volunteer organisations in your area? A place which matches willing volunteers with community based organisations who rely on volunteers to function?  It could be a way to get out and meet people and put your skills and experience to good use. Its a very feel-good thing to do and it could even open up some paid job opportunities in future. So when ever you feel up to facing society again, I hope you will consider this. I had to step aside from my volunteer role back in December, and I really miss it.

Its hot here today, so me and Holly are inside where I have the aircon going. I need to make an spt at the vet for her. She has a benign lymp in her neck/throat. Its getting bigger and is now affecting her breathing. They didnt want to operate, as its near jugular vein and windpipe, and quite risky. Plus she is 12yo, another risk. But she is getting to the point that something needs to be done. Its a big concern right now, coz shes my baby. And due to my cancer treatments its hard to get an apt for her. 

@Anastasia I hope you are enjoying your park Christmas, and have found a nice shady spot to settle into.

Emelia 💞

Dear @Emelia8 You words always resonate with me.  You have a great skill at being able to get your point across compassionateley and with so much common sense - something that I need when I am in near or in ful crisis mode. 

I fall deeper into depression very easiey (well, it never really leaves me to be honest - that dull sadness is always hanging around) and this fall and bruises have made me fall........hard.  The bruises on my forehead are starting to clear, they are the brownish/yellowish color, but the ones around my eyelid, and below my eye are as purple as day one, and had spread further down the side of my nose towards my upper mouth crease.

I very much want to attend class, but don't want to distress any of the other participants - and this was a concern of the Instructors too.  I will call her on Tuesday morning and explain the situation.  I'm lathering that much bruise cream on, surely it's going  to start to make some kind of difference.  The doctor did say the bruising would take at least 2 weeks to heal, and I'm in week on.  

I used to voluneer with 2 organisations that helped children, and to get back into some form of volunteering in the near future is a goal of mine.  Attend this DBT class, get used to engaging with people, and then apply for some P/T volunteering.  I just take one step forward Em, and then bloody 2 or 3 backwards and I just don't feel I'm making any progress.  Something always 'pops' up to test my, and because I am as broken as I am, I fail the test everytime.

It makes me sad that poor little Holly has a this benign lymp in such an akward position that it makes treatment difficult, plus her age.  You're just going to have to make the appointment for a day when you are at home and make the most of that day, looking after your baby girl.  If it means having hubby's friend stay over for an extra day, that may be an option.  The hotter days woud be a real challenge for her breating - so lucky you have A/C.

Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance