Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Ricardorider
Senior Contributor

Depression PTSD and family

Its late as i type. HAd password issues which took a while to resolve. Didnt hewlp my feeling flat as a tack

Am in my late 50's now. Dont feel it dont look it (Good genes) Am also blessed with crohns disease. HAd some emergency surgery 5yrs ago which gave me a dose of PTSD, just to eff me around

unemployment is a real issue for me Am not automatically stupid once i reached 50. Yet am being messed artoudn lime i suppose many others in the same place as me. My crohns is misbehaving as well LAst week i found out I was bleedding internally. my immunotherapy of thr last 8yrs has lost its efficacy. Put me in the doldrums. My gastro is on to this he is worth the money, he has my back. problem is am scared irritated annoyed and angry with a bad dose of feeling depressed

Add in being unemployed am not in a goood place.

Throw in my sister who over the years we foind now we arent as close as we used to be. Her choice not mine.

My Ptsd is up there with the best a lot of tv shows can trigger me and  I cry at least once a day. Some shows I dont watch others catch me out

WTF am so stressed i hope and pray my gastro gives me the right immunotherapy. Thats its not  awrong un and i have to go threu many others to find the best one for me

Wish my lack of  a job was so easy to fix

Am feeling flat am feeling isolated

and it hurts

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Depression PTSD and family

That all sounds tough, @Ricardorider .

Can I ask if you're seeing a counsellor for your PTSD and depression? 

Best wishes for finding a suitable job...

Hi Nature Lover. Yes i see a psychologist once a week. I have been seeing one for several years now. it really helps how I think & to be able to vent

As for the job . mostly out of my hands I can write really good resumes. Lot of other people unemployed Competition for jobs is obscene. employers take the 1st 5 or 6 resumes dump the rest. its shouldnt be that way but employers are swamped and lazy

I could go on all day about the job economy. Wanting to work should be enough. It's that simple to me. There's always work to be done. Only reason people can't get jobs is because other people aren't doing their jobs right (mainly the politicians. I suppose.)

Still, if we wait for the politicians to sort it out, we'll be waiting a long time. I've been under/unemployed for way too much. It's hard to stay active without being "economically viable" (whatever that means). But it's what's we gotta do. Job or not there's always work to be done. At least we get to choose which skills we build for the future.

I'm reminding myself of this, as much as anyone else.

@Ricardorider wrote:
Hi Nature Lover. Yes i see a psychologist once a week. I have been seeing one for several years now. it really helps how I think & to be able to vent

Sorry, @Ricardorider , I didn't see your reply till I went searching for your thread again this morning. 

To notify someone that you've replied to them, you can type @ and then a list of names will pop up, and you can click on one of them. 🙂

I'm glad you have a counsellor, that's great. And once a week would be great too - I'd say you're lucky to be able to do that. 

oRe: Depression PTSD and family

Hi Nature Lover thanks for your reply.

Have been seeing a counsellor thought the names have changed for the last 20yrs am a long term mess bascially. Not much i the way of social supports either. being unemployed as I explained ealier is very isolating and i dare say number one cause of a lot of things. You lose your self being unemployed isolations and loneliness is crippling. It plays like  abroken record everday. Reinforced by negative stereo typping from the governement. We are not bludgers heavy drinkers of drug takers down the shopping centres or railway startions leering at people all day.

I get my hour of sanity and i need it i also use or make use of lifeline to help me verbalise things They are usually very good a good lifeline cousnellor will listen and give some feedback a bad one will mean I hang up and go again.

Just talking about it helps well it does for me, along withj journalling. But for me being able to verbalise how I feel is a reallty good thing.

Lifeline are there to help with so many things not just the usual things we associate with them

Take care everyone

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance