Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Kit108
Casual Contributor

Husband said my panic attacks have made our relationship weird

Hi I'm nervous about posting as I've never done it before but am at a loss for support. I have no friends and estranged from family. I recently got married and thought it was awesome but for 3 months I've been having regular panic attacks in the evening where I feel I'm going to die and am going crazy. I've thought about committing myself because I get suicidal thoughts because the pain is too much. I rung my husband the other night during an attack because I forgot to take my tablet and needed help. He was great, loving and supportive. Then 4 days later he told me I drained him and that my panic attacks have made us 'weird'. I asked him if he still loved me and he couldn't answer. I feel so hurt and angry. Don't know what to do we've only been married 2 months! 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Husband said my panic attacks have made our relationship weird

Hi @Kit108 , I know the feeling of being alone.  It doesn't sound like your new husband is being very supportive of your mental health issues.  I don't know how it would of drained him compared to the toll it would have had on you.  It doesn't really add up.  I know that most people do not understand how diffucult it is to deal with mental health issues.  Maybe you can make a little safety or comfort kit for if you have anothr panic attack.  Put some things in there that make you feel comfortable and safe.  I've heard they work for some people.

I understand your hurst, frustration and hanger.  I'd be pretty livid if something like that happened to Me.  You should be there for each other, especially when times are tough.

Wishing you well Kit108.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance