Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I am not coping at the moment

@Eden1919 

Sounds so difficult for you. I can really feel your pain when it comes to the mental health system. There is a fine line between 'helping' and ' imprisoning'.

Do you have a case manager to advocate for you? In times of crisis, it can be very helpful to have someone who can speak on your behalf - someone who knows what works and doesn't work for you in terms of your care. I have found it to be extremely helpful, along with making an ADVANCE STATEMENT. It doesn't mean they will definitely follow what is on the advance statement, but it certainly helps.

All the best my friend hugsxxx

@BPDSurvivor  I do not trust case workers they also hurt me in the past and were in no way respectful of my wishes nor did they listen to me at all. advanced statments are usless unless the dr cares and most doctors don't. they have no real legal power if the doctor doesnt want to listen they wont either way. 

@Eden1919 

that's a shame. I guess it's about trying everything until something works for you. I wish you the best. 

@BPDSurvivor  I wish it were that simple. I have tried so many things everything I have access to and none of it helped 98% of it made it worse and the other 2% did nothing at all. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance