Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Ihavetobestrong
Casual Contributor

I feel alone...

I dont have anyone to talk to about what im feeling right now because i need to be strong for everyone. I feel alone thats what i feel. My family see me as strong, calm and smart one. My friends think im funny and positive. But they dont know that there are times that i cant be all that. I also feel sad and vulnerable but I cant do that in front of them, i feel that if i do they wont take me seriously. 
right now i cant cope with my situation with my partner. I feel that im the only one making effort for our relationship to work. I understand that she is going through a tough time in her life. Her mom just passed. And because of that she is super sensitive, very emotional. That everytime i try to say something i have to be careful with my words. I dont want to offend her or make her even sad its like im always walking on thin ice and i could break her anytime. I think i have reached my end and i need to recouperate but i dont know how to without offending her. I cant talk to anyone about this. How do you cope when your other half is also coping? Who do you reach out to without any judgement? Help....

8 REPLIES 8

Re: I feel alone...

I am so sorry of what you are feeling right how, its so hard to be the strong one for everyone, that you cant express yourself, but guess what, we all have the right not to be strong all the time, and thats okay 🙂

@Ihavetobestrong  Welcome to the forums.

I’m sorry you are struggling so deeply , and feeling alone.

Sometimes a therapist can be a good outlet.

I do understand your partner is struggling also with a huge loss, but I agree with @Balloon , everyone has a right to not always be the strong one.

Well done for reaching out here. So many caring, compassionate people. Most of us understand how alone the journey is sometimes. So here, you are not alone.

@Ihavetobestrong  Firstly let me give you a big tight hug... you sound like you need it

Welcome to the forums..... you have taken the first step and you are now no longer alone... you have a world of wonderful support here... so many lovely people who are here to listen... comfort... offer advice... and try and help you in any way they can....

I highly recommend you see your GP and talk to them about how you are feeling....

I am the same as you.... seen as the strong one... the one everyone comes to with their problems.... the compassionate one.... when my life crumbled it took me a long time to realize there is no shame in falling apart .... there is no shame in asking for help ... there are people out there to help you.....

never be ashamed to ask for help 

@ballon thank you, just talking through my thoughts and saying it out load helps.

Thank you, yes i know its ok to be not ok but sometimes you just need to air it out. I will be fine i just need to take it out of my chest

I did not know i can go to a GP and consult on this. Should I ask for a recommendation for a therapist?

Hello and welcome, @Ihavetobestrong . It's good to have you here. 

@Ihavetobestrong wrote:

I cant talk to anyone about this. How do you cope when your other half is also coping? Who do you reach out to without any judgement? Help....

As @Lostandalone  and @Maggie  said, you can see your GP and get a mental health plan, and that way can be referred to a psychologist for up to 10 subsidised sessions per year. You definitely deserve some support at this time. 

Also, a handy forum tip is if you type @ and then click on a member's name in the drop-down box, they'll get a notification that you've replied to them.

Please take care of yourself.

Just checking in @Ihavetobestrong  to see how you are going

have you had a chance to see you GP for a chat???  Just tell them exactly how you feel... they will refer you to someone for help

mesnwhile feel free to keep checking in here... offload a worry or two ... and sit and relax with us 💕💕

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance