Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

greenpea
Senior Contributor

I have had a huge flash back and it is not pretty :(

I went for a evening walk with son2 which was really nice.  Traffic wasn't too busy. Watched the runners run past and thought of old times when I used to run too it was rather nostalgic. Everything was fine until I came home and was mulling things over in my head and bang! it came out of the blue. Like a thunderbolt and it made me think about how I hurt myself during that time when I was sick and how I was hurt by people around me. These people who hurt me and knew I was sick but hurt me anyway ....

It makes me so sad thinking about it.... sad and angry. It would be very easy to pass on the pain to others but that would make me like them and I am not like them. peax

8 REPLIES 8

Re: I have had a huge flash back and it is not pretty :(

@greenpea 

Hi the-best-pea-of-them-all

That flashback sounds so hard and overwhelming. I'm sorry you had to go through/are going through that.

What you said: "It would be very easy to pass on the pain to others but that would make me like them and I am not like them." reminded me of something I heard recently from Brene Brown about how people respond to being broken hearted/ hurt in spirit etc. She sees three options:

• transmitting it to others
  • denying it
  • owning and transforming it through compassion for yourself and others and developing a unique empathy for people who have been through similar struggles.

I know it doesn't lessen the pain, but for what it's worth, I see you as someone who has worked their way to the third option.

Take care friend.

Hope are you okay now @greenpea HeartHeartHeart

@greenpea 

Hugs

Heart

I have seen a lot of callousness and cruelty in the world too.  

We have benefitted on the forum greatly, from your cheerful, honest fair and good spirit.

Smiley Happy

Dear @greenpea  ... no you're not like them at all.  You would never hurt or inflict pain on someone else, no matter the circumstances.  You are one of the truly loving and caring people in this world.  I am very grateful for people like you in this cruel and callous world in which we live. We cannot control what others do, but we can control what we ourselves do. Thank you for being who and what you are Pea. I'm really sorry you are so saddened and angry when thinking about what was done to you.  Honestly ... you have every right to feel angry about that, in fact I feel angry on your behalf just thinking about it. But no, beautiful Pea ... you are not like them at all.  And I'm ever so glad of that.

Sherry 💕

Image result for Just continue to be the wonderful pea that you are

Hugs @greenpea ❤️❤️

flashbacks are horrible. 

@greenpea  You are definitely the third option in my opinion. Super pea. I understand how hard flashbacks are. Sending you some 💕💕💜💜

Thank you to everyone who has posted and supported my post. I still feel pretty shattered so will keep it brief justed wanted to say a big thank you as it means alot to me to have this kind of support when I am feeling so trodden on. Love to you all peax

sending hugs. you are a beautiful person @greenpea 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance