Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

SadSackSally
Casual Contributor

I'm just exhausted and over it.

I have some complex Mental Health issues and this last year has been an absolure nightmare. I have had to deal with a complete drastic change in my mindset and I've not yet been able to come to terms with it in a positive way.

I used to be a nice person and now I'm not. I used to be warm and bubbly. Now I am wary and silent.

I used to love singing. I haven't sung in months. The thing that happened completely broke and changed me as a person.

I don't know what to do anymore. 

I feel so incredibly lost and lonely. 

I've been in a funk for far longer than I care to admit, and I am just too exhausted all the time to have enough energy to do anything about it. 

I am sick of having to rehash everything again with another total stranger. 

I haven't slept properly in months, I haven't been able to do the 'standing under water to clense' thing in longer than I should have because I just....

Can't. 

Let alone the other 'normal human adult care about yourself' thing.

I don't even know where to begin looking for professional help.

The Dr's give me a referral and wants me to find my own psych.... Like dude, I just moved here? Please help me? 

And I just am too..... done. I can't do it again. 

Not to mention trying to find my way around on public transport, with COVID all around me, so I try and limit my outings per week..... so it sucks trying to have the mental capacity to do appoinments and shop and other errands all in one day.

I also don't have much of a support system here, besides my partner and their family (who have been great btw). But I want and need some friends... that seems like such hard work at the moment though.

I'm just so tired and over it all...

I think maybe I've hit rock bottom. But I dont think I have an ounce of energy to care. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: I'm just exhausted and over it.

hello @SadSackSally and welcome

things seem really tough for you atm and covid plus being in a new area would be rather challanging.
i would suggest to you go back to your gp to make a reccomendation. they arent able to give you an empty refferral so to speak as in they have to have a name (or company name in some cases) in order to refer you.

im glad you have your partner and their family for now as thats a good start.
getting some extra supports sounds like a really good ideas though.

making friends atm might be a challange because of covid, im guessing you might be either in or close to some hot spots so have to be really careful.

i understand hitting rock bottom but also not having much energy to help ourselves as well. well done for reaching out here for some support. i really hope others may join in and give some more advice/support too

@Maggie @CheerBear @Appleblossom @Snowie @Sans911 @gem80

Welcome to the forums @SadSackSally 

You have taken the first big leap of faith by coming here and tell us your story.... thank you for sharing

many of us here know exactly how you feel.... and we will support you as much as we can by listening.... just sitting with you while you let it out... be it a good cry... scream... or just a hug and a virtual hand to hold..... and even though you may not always get a reply instantly to your posts... know that we are always here in heart 💜 

@SadSackSally  I am really sorry you have hit rock bottom. You will find many of us here who know exactly what you are feeling like. Sometimes, understanding goes a long way.

Welcome to the forums. I really hope you find comfort here. 💕💕💕

@outlander @Maggie @Lostandalone 

Thank you so so much for your kind words. 

I didn't know what to expect when posting, but I'm glad I did.

I'm pretty much central in a COVID hot spot at the moment... so it sucks pretty bad... I don't have a car and it's difficult working out the bus stops.

It's just really suckky and difficult at the moment. 

I will go back to the GP because I cannot find myself a toothbrush in my size, let alone a psychologist. 

Thank you all so much. I have found some comfort and warmth. It validated me so much.❤

Hi and another welcome from me, @SadSackSally . It's good you've already found some support here. 

It sounds like you're in a very difficult situation. Not sleeping and being exhausted wouldn't help at all...

I totally get how rehashing things with a new counsellor sucks. I do think it's worth it though, for the extra support once you've built up a relationship with them. 

Good luck with the referral to a new counsellor. Wishing you all the best...I hope things improve for you soon. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance