Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Everan
Senior Contributor

Living with schizophrenia

I have schizophrenia which means I find it hard to process some information. I listen very carefully to noises around me and it is very easy to disrupt my thoughts. I find that I have negative thoughts when there is a lot going on around me and I end up feeling anxious. I ask myself why am I thinking this and this helps stop me feel this way.

I crave human contact. I am having trouble understanding why I should leave the safety of my room. I know that the only way to feel better is by going outside. I need to practice more to be socially confident. I lost a lot of connections with people. I have a small circle of friends. I have the goal that I need to build up my resilience in order to support myself and be more successful.

I like the idea of leading a better life.

48 REPLIES 48

Re: Living with schizophrenia

@Everan Hi Everan and welcome to the Sane forums 🙂 I have schizo and also find it very hard to leave the house which makes socializing extremely difficult. Do you have a psychiatrist? Some psychiatrists (like my own) hire mental health nurses to help with things like socializing. Also you should make enquiries as to whether you are eligable for funding through the NDIS regarding help socializing and outings.

You have made a good start opening up here as there are many people just like yourself who find it difficult to socialize in the real world. The forums is a good way to form online friendships and exchange experiences and have a laugh 🙂

I hope to see you around. greenpea 🙂

Thanks for your message. Nice to meet you.

I have a psychiatrist who helps me. It is hard to meet new people. I just need to practice my social skills more to engage with people.

Good talking.

hi @Everan and welcome
im glad youve met the lovley @greenpea . @Queenie may also be able to help as well.

@Everan Hi Everan you might like to say hi on the Good Morning thread to see a few more people :). Also don't forget if you want to talk to someone to put a @in front of their name then they get an email that you have sent a message to them.

See you around. greenpea xxxx

hello @Everan, how is your saturday going so far

Hello @greenpea, @outlander

@Shaz51 Hi Shaz51 hoping you are having a restful day today . Also hello to @Everan and @outlander :). Outlander hoping today is going better for you hun. xxx

catching up on a few things my super @greenpea, in between resting

how about you

Hi @Shaz51,

I have been having an alright day thanks. 

I looked at a few posts about fear in the forum which is helping. I went to the shopping centre to buy some nuts after that so i guess i am going ok.

How are you?

a bit body tired today @Everan, so i think a rest might help today

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance