Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Need a little help tonight

Good on all counts there @Razzle It is amazing how much we actually forget to 'breathe' when we are under stress. One of those little essentials of life can be forgotten but it does help to calm us a little. I used to do that with the kids that were highly emotional or angry - it does work but is so hard to achieve at times. 

Is your Mum in bed? I am glad you at least have someone around even though you feel very much alone right now. It is a horrible feeling but when we are this heightened it is hard not to feel like there are others here with us or that anything we do helps. You are doing all the right things tonight though Hon - it really is sometimes just a matter of getting through minute by minute.

@Zoe7  Mums finishing watching a tv show she likes.  I’ve managed to get her to eat a mandarin and drink some tea, she doesn’t feel as nauseas now.   It feels so hard to do just those little tasks like boiling a kettle and peeling some fruit.

I’ll get her settled into bed soon and head to mine as well.  I’ll keep counting my breaths, I’m hoping I can just drift off, but I don’t think it will happen as easy as that.

So good you Mum has eaten and drunk a little @Razzle You both ned to be able to do that to keep your energy levels up. I often do not feel like doing either of those things either when overcome with thoughts but am learning to fight through that. I can manage to feed my babies and then will have something, however small, for myself.

I do hope you can get some sleep Hon - it may be a hard night for you but someone very wise once told me that rest is just as important - so if you can at least get some rest throughout the night then sleep may follow.

Thankyou for your help and support tonight @Zoe7.  Mum is making a move for bed so I better go help her.

I hope you can sleep well tonight.  I’ll check in tomorrow

I'll look out for you tomorrow @Razzle I really hope you can get at least a little sleep. Despite the circumstances it has actually been lovely chatting to you tonight. Take care Hon - remember to breathe and take it minute by minute if you need Heart

Hi @Razzle 

thinking of you this morning. I hope you managed to get some sleep and your headache eased. 

How are you this morning? ❤️❤️

@Razzle 💕💕

@Zoe7 @BlueBay @Maggie @Flying_Hams 

That was a long night.  Lots of crying.  I started to drift off occasionally and my body would jerk me awake.  I think I got to sleep around 4, but my mum woke to use the bathroom at 4.30 which woke me again.  Took me a while to get back to sleep.  I woke around 6 feeling like my brain was in a vice so I had more Panadol.  Mum used the bathroom again around that time so I was able to get a little more sleep after that.

Now I just feel like I have a hangover.

The vision swirled around in my head most of the night but it isn’t so front and centre this morning.  Not much will be achieved today, a quiet day on the couch I think.

Can you maybe go back to bed? @Razzle

Either way though, take it easy. Don't pressure yourself.

I'll be around a bit later on today too @Razzle

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance