Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Fluttershy1
Senior Contributor

Not coping

I am not coping well at the moment. I feel like my mental health is like a roller coaster going really fast. Moods are constantly switching so are my alters. 
I feel like I'm stuck in my own thoughts at the moment and feel like I can't escape them. My panic attacks are becoming more frequent than usual. Feeling numb aswell. Smiley Sad

369 REPLIES 369
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Not coping

I'm sorry to sound stupid but what is "alters"? (I'm new to these forums)

I understand the feeling of constant switching moods, I think I've been through many just this morning. 

At the moment I'm trying to put my focus into something else...mostly The Sims 4 to be honest as it works great for a break from real life.

I know that it's easier said than done when it comes to trying to place focus elsewhere when your world is crumbling.

I'm sorry if that's not helpful, I guess what my whole reply is about is...

Hello, I feel you, I see you, I'm here to try my best to help you feel supported and maybe give bad advice about The Sims 4.

@Former-Member  Alters are multiple personalities. 
so they can be safe and unsafe. 

Hi @Former-Member , welcome to the forums. 

"Alters" are other personalities within the same body. Someone else may be able to explain it better than me, but alters are essentially the multiple personalities existing for someone with DID, Dissociative Identity Disorder. 

It's good you have the distraction technique of the Sims 4...distraction is very useful!

A handy forum tip to let someone know you've replied to them is to type @ and then click on their name in the drop-down box - that way they'll get a notification of your response. 

Hi @NatureLover 

Hope you are well! 
I'm having a bad mental health day with my alters 

@Fluttershy1  sorry to hear about your frequent panic attacks and out of control feeling. 

Do you have anything that you normally use for calm and /or distraction?

I cross-posted with you, @Fluttershy1 ...sorry it's a bad mental health day.

As I understand it, the alters come out when they want to?

It must be very hard to manage... 😞

@NatureLover I've been using my strategies and distraction techniques. 
just seem to be following me today... Smiley Sad

@NatureLover

My safe alters come out when I'm distressed and upset or unsafe. 
My unsafe one comes out when it feels like she wants to make the situation worse. 

@Fluttershy1 wrote:

@NatureLover I've been using my strategies and distraction techniques. 

Well done 🙂 Not always easy, I know. 

@Fluttershy1 wrote:

My unsafe one comes out when it feels like she wants to make the situation worse.

I hope that's not the case today?

@Fluttershy1 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance