Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Contributor

Mind + Body Challenge 2

Good Morning,

OK challenge two- You don’t have to dress like Olivia Newton-John to get physical!

You could organise a walk with a friend or go out on your own. Physical activity contributes to a healthy lifestyle. 30 minutes of moderate intensity physical activity most days of the week is recommended for good health. Moderate intensity means at a level that increases your heart rate but doesn’t leave you so breathless that you can’t talk.

The benefits of exercise include:

• Feeling less stressed and more relaxed
  • Improved sleep
  • More energy and less fatigue
  • Feeling more confident and happy
  • Helping you make friends
  • Having stronger bones and muscles
  • Managing your weight

I know most of you have heard these health messages before and the tricky bit is getting out there and actually doing it. Finding the motivation.....

The Best Motivational Songs That Will Inspire You to Move

http://www.sparkpeople.com/blog/blog.asp?post=the_100_most_motivating_workout_songs_of_all_time

What lyrics or songs motivate you the most during a workout?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Mind + Body Challenge 2

Oh good question Catriona!

This song by David Getta has a good pace to it. It starts slow... like a walk.. then builds up to a jogging pace. I can jog for long periods of time, so this allows me to gradually work up to it 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance