Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

NikNik
Senior Contributor

Q&A tonight on ABC: Mental Health Special

Hi everyone,

Q&A tonight will focus on mental health as part of their Mental As... campaign.

Lets use this thread to share our thoughts & opinions of the show as it unfolds tonight at 9:30pm.

To find out who will be on the panel, visit the Q&A website

NikNik

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Q&A tonight on ABC: Mental Health Special

A good variety of panel members.

Tonight they are focusing on Remote and Rural mental health. Is anyone else here from a rural or remote are?

I'm not - but I'm finding that it's very interesting.

Great to see someone with lived experience on the panel. *high five ABC*

I don't usually like Bob Katter, but you can tell he really cares about rural and remote mental health.

The mother whose son has schizophrenia just asked the most powerful question - where are the services that can help her son in recovery...

Pat McGorry says it's a national crisis... the diminished funding to services to assit with recover. & encourages us (all of us impacted directly or indirectly) to make a noise about it.

Absolutely Nik Nik, so many people are suffering unnecessarily. We wouldn't dream of allowing the same lack of care in the "physical" health system.

I plan to start asking my local politicians where they stand on mental health issues. We need to let them know we want better services.

Also, great to see people with lived experience having a say on shows such as Q and A.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance