Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday - starting at 6pm AEST tonight!

Well said @YvonneS. Is self care (or lack of) the biggest concern you hear from carers?

Remember you cant be an effective support for someone else, if your running on empty yourself.

10 more minutes to get your questions in everyone.

*waves the 10min warning flag*

NikNik, on Helpline we talk to lots of carers who are feeling overwhelmed by their caring role.  Feeling like you matter too is important.  Like I said, caring for someone else can be hard and its ok to feel that way.  This Carer Forum is an important way to feel that your not alone...a place where others know what your going.  A place where you can talk about your bad day or your great day

There are also lots of carer support services available, if you don't know them you can call the Helpline 1800 187263 and we can help link you in with support.

Well I think that's a really great way to end this session - all about the self care!

We are going to keep this session available to all members in this Special Events thread so everyone can have a read over it later.

Thank you so much @YvonneS for taking the plunge and being our very first Special Guest here during our first Topic Tuesday! I found it very informative & I'm sure the rest of the community did too!!

Smiley-says-thanks.jpg

I guess we are about to wind up for tonight.  Thank you for inviting me to chat with you and I hope that I have been able to answer some of your questions. I wish you all the very best and as I said, if you have any questions dont hesitate to contact the SANE Helpline!  Bye for now!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance