Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

TideisTurning
Peer Support Worker

Topic Tuesday// Music is Medicine// Tuesday 18th April 2023 5:30-7PM AEST

On Tuesday 18th of April, we will be joined by professional musician Sammi Constantine for a discussion about artistic expression, sharing experiences of mental health creatively, and the way that art and music can be use in difficult times.  

April TT Forums.png

The event start times across Australia are below:

Western Australia: 3:30pm 
Northern Territory & South Australia: 5pm 

Queensland, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, Victoria & Tasmania: 5:30pm

Want to receive a reminder on the night? Hit the 'Support' button below and we will tag you 30 minutes before the event starts. 

New to the forums or want to get involved in this discussion? Check out the How To Guide for Topic Tuesdays.

Hope to see you there in the chat on the night!

101 REPLIES 101

Re: Topic Tuesday// Music is Medicine// Tuesday 18th April 2023 5:30-7PM AEST

Hi Everyone, 

We are excited to welcome the wonderfully talented Sammi next week to chat with us about the role music and artistic expression can play in mental health and recovery, including her own music, next week! In the meantime, we wanted to share a few links with you in case you aren't familiar with Sammi's music, so you can check it out on Spotify or other platforms via this link in the lead up to the event if that's something you'd like to do 😊. Until then, take care, happy listening and look forward to chatting together back here next week. 

@Appleblossom @Shaz51 @Mixed_Spice @StuF @TAB @tonys @greenpea @Samantha92 @free2bu 

Hey everyone!  

The discussion will be kicking off in 10-15 minutes on this thread! To come along please refresh this page at 5:30pm and join the conversation. 

In this discussion we will be talking about:  

• The role of music and artistic/ creative expression in mental health & recovery  
  • Music as a means of connecting, relating and sharing experiences with others 

We can’t wait to see you there at 5:30pm!  

Tagging those that have interacted with the post/ or that are online right now and might like to join the discussion: @Kammasaka @Snowie @LostAngel @free2bu @Samantha92 @Mixed_Spice @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @EasyCure @tonys @Ace2 @Captain24 @Dagm @Krishna @Kyle1 @ClockFace @Oaktree @Meowmy @Samanthaj @Sophia1 @StuF @TAB @Wednesday76 @creative_writer 

What happened to the llinks to Sammi’s music?

edit - don’t worry I found it

meggle

Welcome to everyone joining us or reading along tonight. We would first like to acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the various lands across Australia we are all joining this discussion from. We pay deep respect to the Elders of those Countries, past and present, and we further extend that respect to any Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people with us tonight, reading along, or reading back.     

Tonight we are joined by special guest, professional musician @Sconstantine, who I will now invite to introduce herself 😊 

We would also love to hear from those in the community joining us tonight about your experiences with music and artistic expression, what's brought you here and what, if anything you’re hoping to get out of the discussion tonight (including any questions you might have) 😊 

Hey! @Oaktree 

So glad to have you with us tonight 

@TideisTurning posted the links to Sammi's music just above.

They should be working hopefully! They are on my end 😊 If they aren't you can also google Sammi's name and it should come up 

Hey everyone, thanks so much for being here. This is really special! My name is Sammi. I am an independent singer and songwriter from Sydney. I grew up on the central coast and got myself to Sydney a few years ago to get closer to the industry where I've since learnt a lot of lessons and overcome a lot of hardship. I write for myself and also other artists too to help them share their stories through music/song writing.

Hi @Sconstantine 

I just visited Spotify and listened to a few of your songs. My favourite that I listened to was Dopamine.

Meggle

Let's get us started with the first question- What role does music play in your mental health? What drew you to pursuing music professionally? @Sconstantine 

@Oaktree & anyone else reading along who'd like to, we'd love to hear your thoughts on the role of music in mental health for you 😊

Funnily enough on my thread today we were sharing Tunes Tuesday

Meggle

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance