Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Supporting someone dealing with PTSD // Tues. 27 Feb. 7pm - 9pm AEDT

Hi @Eagle -- One of my biggest regrets is living in denial for years that I had PTSD. My wife did some research and had a pretty good idea what was happening, but I refused to believe her until my symptoms nearly tore our marriage apart. I wish I had listened to her much earlier

Re: Topic Tuesday // Supporting someone dealing with PTSD // Tues. 27 Feb. 7pm - 9pm AEDT

Welcome @Soozasaur

Welcome @Adge

Hi @Former-Member -- I hope this forum will give you a little more insight into what they are going through.

My main daily symptoms are:

Hyper-vigilance, which is easily triggered by the unpredictability of my work environment, changing work schedules, & my clients.

Dissociation

Emotional flashback from childhood traumatic experiences - usually no visual flashbacks or intrusive memories of events.

Adge

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience @Susana

I practice mindfulness. I believe it can be a very important way for sufferers of PTSD to cope with symptoms

Hi @Soozasaur -- Glad you can join. Please ask any questions

Thank you for joining @Adge

The biggest issue that my partner has is being around other people. Shopping for groceries is very difficult, but even having family over can cause major slippage. We’d love some ideas on how to help him.

Thanks @DeanYates

I think my friend is in denial too.

What was holding you back from believing it?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance