Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Broken3
New Contributor

Accused of munchasens by proxy

I was accused of munchasens by proxy over my dog. I recieved an abusive message from someone who lives next door to me accusing me of making up my dogs health problems for attention. And using a pram for my dog for attention because ive made up my dogs joint issues. And a gofundme account i was coerced into doing for my dog. To be accused of such a thing has just ripped me in two.

Ive been dealing with autism, depression, anxiety, ocd and complex ptsd most my life and this has to be one of the worst forms of abuse ive ever suffered. My dog is my life my other side of my beating heart and to be accused of such a thing is something i dont think i can recover from. I was working very slowly but very hard at gradualy building my belief in myself over the yrs and im now so distrustful of everyone in the local community. For one person to think that about me then there must be others i see on walks who think that but havnt said it. I used to smile and say hello to everyone on a walk, now i put my head down and turn my head to the side to avoid eye contact. I feel like im a child being abused all over again. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Accused of munchasens by proxy

Hi @Broken3 - to be honest your neighbours shouldnt be so damn nosey 😞 how your dogs health is should be your concern - its not their dog lol

@Broken3  try to rise above it. I am being abused and have been for some time now. Remember the saying "think of the stupidest person that you know times that person by 1,000 then you have 99% of the worlds population". Take care. greenpeaxxx

@greenpea wrote:

I am being abused and have been for some time now. 

Oh no, @greenpea  😞 💔

@Broken3  I'm sorry that that happened to you. It's none of your neighbour's business. They obviously have nothing better to do than to be nasty to others for no reason. I suspect that others who see you taking your dog out in the pram would be impressed by your commitment. I hope the pain will ease soon for you.

As an animal lover and a health advocate, I think I despise this neighbour of yours. I want to bite with my rabies. Apart from the sheer cruelty of it, this person's thinkin' just doesn't make sense. It's gaslightey and confusing when people spout off like that.

My most helpful advice is, don't let that fool dictate any of your thoughts ever. Pretty convinced they would have nothing useful to say about anything. Foolish enough to not even bother with.

(Side benefit: loud ignorant people hate being ignored.)

Also, let's all feel good about ourselves not being like that.

Thankyou everyone for your support its truly heartwarmimg and ill try my best to use your advice

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance