Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: The Beer Garden

When I'm teaching music @Faith-and-Hope I use colour to depict the different sonorities of sound and the nuances of particular phrases.

Interestingly, I know a lass that is one of my past students who is now a quite well known visual artist. When she's teaching tertiary art, she uses sounds to depict colour. I wonder where she got that idea from? 😆

Colour has always been very important to me. In fact my doctor could always tell if I was up or down by the colours I was wearing. My big problem with colour is that I have a heightened sense of tonal differences. If I'm putting green with blue they must be exactly the same tonal shade otherwise I simply cannot wear them together. Black is the worst though. There's blue blacks, green blacks yada yada. Again they must be exactly the same shading otherwise it's not on. 🎶🍀💜💗💕🎶

@Kurra

You will understand then what I mean when I say that I think and feel in colour ..... 😊

Good on you @Former-Member ..... owning your dramatic and intense life ..... those are achievements !! .... and those who are not appreciative of that are not invited to share the ride .....

You go girl !!

Love those kids and keep showin' them how it's done !!

💕

Definitely @Faith-and-Hope. I too think and feel in colour as long as they're exactly the right ones. 🎶💕🎶

@Kurra

😊💕
Former-Member
Not applicable

Oh @Kurra that is so true. I too love billy tea, and yes it has to be swung around. I have my billy tea black with a teaspoon of sugar. Where as normal tea I have white with no sugar. Just a different flavour totally.

You're right @Former-Member. I too have my billy tea black but without the sugar and my pot tea with milk. Why? I suspect because carrying milk for 2 or 3 weeks doesn’t taste good after 3 or 4 days without refridgeration and sugar attracts ants.

Milk with pot tea at home is a way of increasing my calcium intake. 🍵😉
Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you @Faith-and-Hope, wow yes that is so right!

My psychologist and I were just discussing my free spirited life with regard to the up coming event...but I had not realized she was trying to lead me to exactly as you just said!
You put words together so well. 😊

I'll remember this. No I don't need to share with those, who secretly put me down. Thank you.😊🙏

Hi @Former-Member

Yes - we can get run-down - and I feel run-down - but I bought a salad sandwich for lunch - and a coffee scroll - and I ate the scroll late in the afternoon and didn't have the appetite for dinner - but still - I had a packet of vegetable juice which could be worse - and I can actually taste the vegetables now

Mastitis!! - are you still breast-feeding - or trying to stop - that is getting the baby to stop - maybe if you will do anything at all sensible to get some sleep letting him have the breast is far from wrong.

My children weren't breast-fed - not from choice - breast feeding and adoption don't really go together - and dd was prem and couldn't latch on - I didn't know anything about inverted nipples - how was that not known about? - I never thought to ask anyone if I was normal - bad luck for a premmie though - she was in hospital for about 4 weeks after she was born - and a different hospital from where I was - and I was told to dry up my milk and I had gallons of it - and I got mastitis -

How that hurts and how ill it makes women feel - I am wondering if you are still nursing and if it helps - ouch - oooohhhh - ummmmm - I can just about squinch my eyes up at the memory

Home cures - cabbage leaves - yes - that is what I have read - no experience - and I don't know if they are raw or cooked or soaked or frozen and thawed - maybe I can look this up unless some other old-wife knows -

It's interesting how your Dad's cousin was in an aslyum and nobody talked about it. I know that people with serious MIs are hard to communicate with - but the poor guy - I wonder if anyone went to see him. I feel such treatment was brutal. It is brutal - but I can only comment that I don't know much about it - I am learning though

Both of us need to eat better food - I did today - for lunch - let's try and eat some vegetables everyday - it can only help - and I hope you can get some relief from the mastistis

Decadian

@Former-Member

The free-spirited bohemian artistes of this life are not always appreciated .... but there was a reason they tended to band together into communities ..... 

The Impressionist painters of early last century kicked the traces of The Salon in Paris, and the arrondissement of Mont Marte stands testament to their achievements, as do art galleries and private collections all over the world ..... 

Gotta bloom where you're planted .... that's what I believe ,... but it can take a while to work out how to do that .... and that's okay ❣

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance