Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Support for L-B

Thanks. I also told all of the staff...I'm not sure I can handle the pressure now or at all but need the income. I suppose the job isn't worth everything.

Good point @L-B . If you are unwell, you will neither have your health nor your job...

Good way of putting it. So it sounds like YOU come first 🙂 !

You're right. My health needs to come first. I will keep that in mind while I think about what to do next.

Hey there @L-B 🙂🌺

My apologies for the delay in response - I’m PinkFlamingo, volunteer Peer Guide here on the Forums 🙂🌺

I’m really sorry to hear you’re dealing with lots of different pressures at the moment, which I can really understand makes it very difficult to balance everything 😞💜

I thought I’d try to help out regarding work..if that’s ok? 

I have posted about work stuff before - it’s a little unrelated but there may be some handy information in the following post https://saneforums.org/t5/Something-s-not-right/Not-Coping/m-p/1487009/highlight/true#M343815  which could be helpful regarding work stuff and mental health 🙂

I hope your weekend is going ok so far 🌺💜

Hi PinkFlamingo, one of the videos on a workplace mental health plan was helpful. I could talk to the Wellness rep at work to discuss one when they return from leave if I think it could help. Not sure yet.

Hey @L-B ,

How are you going today? It's good to speak to your wellness rep. It's a start. 

All the best with it. 

Hope it goes okay for you.

I am hoping this week will be easier but I'll be withdrawing from an antidepressant because of side effects and it's not working. May get a new antidepressant in a week and a half when I see my Doctor. I am hoping the side effects won't be severe as I taper off it.

Hey @L-B ,

Good to hear from you. 

For me, I've taken years to taper off an anti-depressant. I don't think I really need it. Dr says I can come off it in a few weeks, but I chose to be more cautious and am tapering it over a number of years to ensure I don't go back. 

The side effects of tapering my anti depressant are terrible. So much so that sometimes I feel it's easier just to stay on the meds lol...

Anyway, as my psych says "If it's not broken, why fix it?" And since my meds have been so helpful, I may just keep it as it is.

Best thing is to work with your doc and share your thoughts, your hesitancies, your ideas 🙂

Yes, I understand that if it's not broken it doesn't need fixing. Unfortunately, my doctor said I may get these side effects. He was right. We discussed another option to start on if this was to occur.

Yes, so obviously yours does need altering. And that's totally okay too.

@L-B 

All the best for it. I'm hopping off to get some offline time now. I'll see you later in the week 🙂

Please take care and I'll check in another day.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance