Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: A New Chapter- Getting unstuck, staying safe and being honest

@Sans911
You are in a better place than me,I won't put myself in those situations for fear of social depression and anxiety.They either like you for who you are or they dont.,and that's their problem.

@Sans911 We haven't met but I have read many of your posts which I have found very helpful and caring. Your new look is a well deserved one. I just want to wish you all the best in this new stage of your journey.

I just saw your OP. @Sans911 It is great.

It does really help to have meaning and reasons to be well rather than to let inner demons talk us down.

I also can relate to your post about the writer's group and stigma in the general community.

I am battling a similar situation in a local writer's group this year.  I have largely pulled out but sending apologies and plan to go to December meeting.  

I hope to start a group with NEAMI to counteract the issues I encountered with the writers.

Hmmm.  I can relate to car park joke.  

It is PROGRESS that you can joke about it and not panic.  Blow them if they dont share your humour.

Hope we can get to know each other more and share more about the things we have in common.Smiley Happy

@Former-Member are you referring to the retreat? Because it's already got too much, I don't fit in or belong there (only 2 others), I'm in pain from trying yoga, and I totally hate myself as much as I could right now. And I have left and driven home. I probably won't come out of my room until tommorow when my mother arrives.

No @Sans911,referring to your dinner and the drive home.As for the retreat,it sounds like it was a f***** big success.!I wouldn't be beating myself up because it sounds like it's not worth it,but I can relate,can't count the number of times I've came home and felt negative.You gave it a go and I know you are probably like me,retreating to your bedroom to feel "safe".I should've been with you,I have that much anger, intolerance, agitation with depression and anxiety at the moment,I would've livened things up.

@Appleblossom my writers group are generally nice people & I enjoy other times with them. I think I'm overly sensitive right now. I seem to be reactive to everyone and everything

@Sans911sorry to hear the retreat didn't go well and that you ended up coming home. Don't be too hard on yourself hun, you gave it a go. Sometimes it works out for the best and sometimes it doesn't. The important thing to remember is that you tried.HeartHeart

@Sans911 ❤❤❤

@Former-Member @outlander I feel like such a failure at life. I almost deleted that post as I didn't want you or others to see it. I was going to say things were just fine. But this post title & creed is to be honest. I try so, so hard and I keep falling down every time. I'm so sensitive to everyone and everything & I'm totally and utterly frustrated and fed up.

Im hearing you sis. I feel the exact same way but its the mind. A very powerful tool it is. Too powerful for its own good. Your not a failure at all but i understand. @Sans911
Your very tired mind you so thats not helping either. Sending lot sof hugs your way ❤❤❤
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance