Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Good morning @CheerBear  @greenpea  and others around today.

Great that you got that much needed sleep GP.  I slept better than usual too.  Maybe coz it's cool enough to get under the covers at last but also might be getting a cold which might explain tiredness over the last couple of days.

Hope today is going well for all here today.

Also hope the problem with notifications has been fixed.

@traveller @BryanaCamp @Shaz51 @Zoe7 @Exoplanet @Appleblossom @Adge  Hi to all xx

Hi @eth I hope you aren't getting sick Hon but would explain the tiredness. Get plenty of rest if you can today and hopefully fight off any illness Heart

@greenpea Great that you got so much sleep - no wonder you are a happy little pea today Smiley Very Happy

I hope so too @Zoe7 .  Very much.  The last time I had a cold was late 2017 and it went straight to my chest.  Really don't want that to happen as it took a long time to recover and my family is going away for a month in 3 weeks.  Last time I ended up needing an after hours Dr and night trip to a chemist, neither of which I'd be able to do by myself.

How is your day going?  I am just catching up on posts since last night and haven't responded to most yet.

Look after yourself @eth and I will keep my fingers crossed that you are not getting sick Hon. A quiet day for me - staying in my jammies, doing a little housework and watching footy - that is actually a pretty perfect day for me on the weekend Smiley Tongue

Plenty of footy for you at this time of year @Zoe7 .  Enjoy your rest day.  I can't watch footy any more because it brings up too much about my DV ex.

I have a support worker for 3 hours this afternoon.  Have to vote and get some chemist supplies, not sure what after that.  I'm not up for a bush walk today, which is what we spoke of last time I saw her.  Maybe some time sitting at the beach.  Or maybe I'll give her an early mark. I'm supposed to give notice the day before if I want to cancel, or else I get charged for it anyway.  Pretty tricky if you get sick during the night.

That is tricky if you are sick @eth Take it easy today and just do the things you need to do. A time sitting at the beach might be all you can do and that will be enough. Your health is more important than having to fill in the 3 hours this afternoon with something you are not up to doing.

You're right about priorities @Zoe7 .  

Smiley Very HappyHeart @eth 

@Re: A long rave

Hi @eth 

Hi everyone.

I'm very slow & dopey today. I haven't slept well the past few nights, maybe that's part of it.

The home visit nurse took most of my staples out yesterday (changed dressing).

The rest of the staples will come out tomorrow (Sunday).

I'm rather sore, although I'm getting there.

I'm still wearing my pressure waist band.

The nurse said not to bend over at all (which no-one had said before), only to squat.

She also said to limit any driving as much as possible, even though I can drive again now.

Adge

Re: @Re: A long rave

Big hugs @Adge. Getting the staples completely might help with some of that soreness (shudder at the thought!). Grrr to no-one telling you not to bed over until now!

Hope you have a day with some rest and better feelings in it.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance